DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I new to the forums. Been reading trough and found some neat stuff.
I need help with this obd II test. It failed and my mother needs to the car plates to be done or she will get a ticket.

I treads as P0508 Idle Control System Circuit Low.

I googled it for like an hour and came to the conclusion that it has to do with some idle motor. But then some other stuff said something about a sensor. Its weird. So im counting on you guys. I need help to fix this. Any advice is welcome. Thank you :D

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Sounds like its refering to the IAC (idle air control) sensor. Its the sensor that controls how much air is let into the engine to maintain an idle of approx. 950rpm. Are you experiencing erratic idle, high idle, or low idle with the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iac

Yes. I am experiencing that problem. After driving. When i stop at a ligth or anything thats a fullstop. the engine idles really weird. It bribrates and its obiusly over idle rpms. It will go away if i turn the the steering wheel. or if i put it in neutral. But then u can just hear the car is accelerated and not in an idle stage.

What im i looking at to get this fixed? Thanks for your previous reply

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
What year is your car?

The IAC is going to be located on the throttle body, you'll have to remove the air intake tube and the throttle body to remove it. You can try cleaning it with some gasoline, that seemed to work for dodgeneonACR98. But seeing as you have a code for the circuitry, I'm guessing there is an internal problem with the sensor itself. Call up autozone or somewhere for a price, you're probably looking at around $100 for the part. You can change it yourself, its a peice of cake. I'd try cleaning it first though, thats free. After you clean it reset the PCM by pulling the fuel pump fuse for a minute or two. If the code comes back you probably need a new sensor.

Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
first off the IAC is a motor not a sensor. It is a PCM output. the code for circuit low means it has a control circuit shorted to ground. a wiring harness inspection for a chaffed wire is nessassary. while cleaning is not a bad idea it is not likley to repair the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sensor? cable?

Okay so what im i looking at? a cable thats grounded incorrectly? but where? by the airintake?

Mainly what do i need to do fix it? sorry that im getting tedius, but its kind of confusing :(

The car is 2002. And i get that code and another one, which the bigOtires mechanics didn't say that it was important, but it came on the emmision test. Its: P1193

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
first off the IAC is a motor not a sensor. It is a PCM output. the code for circuit low means it has a control circuit shorted to ground. a wiring harness inspection for a chaffed wire is nessassary. while cleaning is not a bad idea it is not likley to repair the problem.
Thats the first time I ever hear of the IAC being a motor. I thought a motor has to turn parts? It's just a spring loaded valve! Have you ever taken one apart? I have and there is nothing to it. Just a plunger and a spring! Other than the electrical parts that move the plunger in/out during idle. There is no motor there.

Prehaps you can teach us something here. LMAO

Anyhow the IAC valve is 110 bucks at Napa.They have better quality electrical parts then say Autozone. Clean your IAC valve and reset your PCM by pulling the fuel pump fuses and relay. Then see if the codes come back. If so buy the new IAC and try again. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.