DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions? This would be for 2 12" subs. I can get a really good deal on this and i might snatch it up, just wanted some opinions first. i'd have to take out the middle seat, im pretty sure the cup holder in the front is still usable, plus, 2 more are added for the back if you get the insert. the guy said the back still has plenty of room for 3 people. what does everyone think?

Attachments

·
They call me Fred???
530 Posts
If you want two twelves grab it. No building involved this way.

I'm going to be doing something similar, but with a tv as well, smoothed and painted to match.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Is their going to be enough airspace. Looks kinda small to me...

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I think you would have a very hard time making that look somewhat factory and from what I hear MDF boxes sound pretty bad anyways?

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
I think you would have a very hard time making that look somewhat factory and from what I hear MDF boxes sound pretty bad anyways?
mdf is the way to go if ur not gonna build it with fiberglass. i build boxes all the time and that one should have plenty of airspace

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
from what I hear MDF boxes sound pretty bad anyways?
:huh: Most fiberglass boxes have the back portion made out of MDF; MDF is the material of choice for audio equipment.

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
hell, go for it.

I would try to talk him down a bit on the price. Sub boxes are hard as hell to sell man!

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you just want it, negotiate the price WAY down. i would suggest making a box on your own, its not difficult with a few tools and a little skill, then you could make it to your specific subs specs.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
:huh: Most fiberglass boxes have the back portion made out of MDF; MDF is the material of choice for audio equipment.
Like I said that's what I though but not sure. How come everyone says the cheap MDF boxes don't sound good then? Because i've seen many people selling them to upgrade to better boxes.

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
cuz fiberglass looks better. i make boxes of all types and mdf is my material of choice. u can make fiberglass boxes with fiberglass backs, but its easier to do it with mdf backs. back to the question though. i buy and sell audio stuff all the time and this box would usually go for anywhere between $40 and $60. i say go for it.

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,569 Posts
if your willing to spend the money get a fox box like i did, you will not be disapointed with the sound, and no console lost or anything, also the lift on the back seat is really nice :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.