DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BlksportHemi
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Night)I have a 2006 s/c s/b, 5.7 hemi with, Volant CAI, Maggnaflow cat back. Therottle botty spacer, and a hypetech programger running on premium.

Vs.

(Red)A Red 2006 s/c s/b , 5.7 hemi,cat back exhausht

We race and i get it a liitle bit from a roll so i slow down waiting for him to catch up as i see him catching up. I get on it again we had to slow down because of turn coming ahead .We went off a red light he had a little better of a start, than me, but I was able to keep up barley not even really passing him :ugh

My question(s) to y'all is? HOW is less modified truck able to keep up wth mine.

Question #2 What is the BEST Full exhaust system with the most power and
tourqe gains!

Question #3 I want to get a cam also but not really sure which ones to get.

i like : B&B, Bassani, Corsa , Magnaflow

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I don't know of anyone that likes the Hypetech programmer or TB spacers. Dodge and Hypetech have not been real friendly and a number of DT members have had their computers burn-up while using Hypetech.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Yeah, to answer your first question, Hypertech and TB spacer are both paper weights. LT headers will help quite a bit and the cam question is all in the tuning

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
I've also heard the same thing about hypertech programmer. Also look @ gearing, tire size are they 4x4 or 2wd?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Agree the throttle body spacer is a paper weight. Also, color of the truck doesn't effect the speed( ;) ). As the other guy said does the gearing, tire size, and 4WD/2WD match up too?

·
BlksportHemi
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
:5191Funnyface:yesah I know color differense doesnt matter. I'm just upset that i wasnt able to lay a:spank2:ing the way I would've liked. I'm pretty sure we had the same size gears, I got 3.73s. Not sure about the other truck, for sure next time I see him I'll ask him. He said everything was stock except for his A/M muffler.

For the tire size;

I'm running the toyo proxes st II 275/55/20 (31.90 in.)

The red truck was running the stock Goodyears 275/60/20 (32.99 in.)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I didnt know they have red stop lights off road. boy do i feel ignorant

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
I hope your 3.73 gears are custom, because the rams come with 3.55 and 3.92, unless you are a power wagon. Your "Hypertech programmer" doesn't really benefit you much, and when it does its between 60-80 mph. You actually lose torque through the lower RPM ranges with the Hypertech. The throttle body spacer is creating more turbulence than anything else. Those things benefited the carburetor motors, not fuel injected.

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
you've got some searching to do kid
ditch the TB spacer
do some research, and get back to us

and stop street racing on offroad red light courses

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
I'm going to tell SOMEONE ELSE what I think....

·
Registered
704 Posts
Get rid of the throttle body spacer and get a superchips programmer run it on premium and you will have a completely different animal. If both trucks are the exact same there must be a difference in gears or weight to the winning one.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I hope your 3.73 gears are custom, because the rams come with 3.55 and 3.92, unless you are a power wagon. Your "Hypertech programmer" doesn't really benefit you much, and when it does its between 60-80 mph. You actually lose torque through the lower RPM ranges with the Hypertech. The throttle body spacer is creating more turbulence than anything else. Those things benefited the carburetor motors, not fuel injected.
Rams actually come in 3.55, 3.73, 3.92, 4.10, and 4.56 (power wagon)

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
I know Rams come with a few gear options, but a 1500 has two. The power wagon comes standard with 3.73, but you can get 3.42 or 4.10 gears. Anything outside of that is custom ordering or aftermarket installing.

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
the 3rd gen 1500s actually have 3.21, 3.55, and 3.92.

My 2008 had 3.21s originally....but happily 4.10s now!

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
I know Rams come with a few gear options, but a 1500 has two. The power wagon comes standard with 3.73, but you can get 3.42 or 4.10 gears. Anything outside of that is custom ordering or aftermarket installing.
This is completly wrong. PW's come standard with 4.56's and nothing else there is no other option. 2500 and 3500 with the Hemi come with 3.73's standard and 4.10's as opitional. No I dont know what the 1500's come with I thought is was only 3.55's and 3.92's. I also Im not 100% sure on what gears the diesels could get. I was thinking is just like the hemi 3.73's and 4.10's.

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
Hmmm didn't know that 4.56 was the only option for the Power Wagon. My '76 had 3.73 gears and I assumed it would still be the same.

Any who, my point I was trying to get across was that the 3.73 wasn't a gear option on the 1500.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
yeah you were right on that. 1500 3rd gen did not have a 3.73 option.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Most 1500's have the 17-inch rims with 3.55 R&P. If the truck has 20-inch rims, it has the 3.92 R&P inside the axle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.