DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Been off-line for a while... A year or so ago Wanda developed a valve train problem (basically a rocker shaft came loose with ill effect and Wanda got parked needing at least a seriously repaired head on an a questionable 1970 block -very not original). My son (hence "Warlock's Dad") decided to build a replacement engine around a 1996 360 Magnum engine, LA style; balanced w/ a hotter cam and hi-flow heads @ ~420-445 HP est. Two weekends ago we got it almost put together but the new intake manifold didn't fit so an genuine Ederbrock Magnum/LA replacement is on order. More to come but Wanda is coming back and my signature will get upgraded. Pictures to come. Grady

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We dropped the new motor in last weekend and this weekend tried to finish the install.

First problem was the front and rear gap between the block and the intake manifold. I need to get the name of the LA/Magnum adaptable heads but there is a disquieting separation requiring lots of liquid gasket at both ends (we are double checking on this).

Second problem was it absolutely wouldn't start/fire. Which is odd since we swapped everything over from a running truck. But we ran out of light/time. Maybe next weekend.

I'll post some pictures later. Grady

1 - 3 of 3 Posts