DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting my new AIR RAID Throddle body spacer installed and was wondering if there is anything I should know about them. Will I notice a gain in power or anything at all.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I think they make nice paper weights, I have one, makes a whistle sound on accell, no improvements ever noticed. Sorry but mine was a waist of money.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I guess its a bit late as it is going in for it today.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
that seems to be the consensus that with our engines they dont do a thing other than whistle...i wouldnt waste my time man, i have one from my cai kit and didnt install it

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
They are good for scaring away deer.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
They are worthless on your engine.... PERIOD. For BEST GAINS As soon as they get it all installed Have them remove it. Or just skip getting it installed at all...

Pictures say a thousand words... That is YOUR 4.7L throttle body over your new restrictive Spacer.... Notice the RED which will only restrict air flow.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
dayton hemi said:
perfect for nitrous injection point
And thats is ONLY if you have it bored out to equal your throttle body bore.

And in that case HELL YEAH that would be a great mod... but the spacer in theory does NOT work on a MULTI PORT FUEL INJECTED ENGINE...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Amen.
Everyone was actually nice in this thread!

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
i think dan arcand at the thefastman said a while back to me that he would bore out my TB Sspacer for like 10 bucks with the purchase of a fastman TB...something to think about (NITROUS) ! i just took the damn thing off though...

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
The AIRAID spacer is a waste of money. The smooth bore 1" spacer that comes with the AEM intake is a nice piece of work that is great for placing a nitrous nozzle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.