DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, my bad if this has been an issue that has been posted and or solved before but I couldnt seem to find a thread on this, any body know why Im maxed out on my drivers side at 5 and half turns on the torsion bar bolt, but I gotta go 6 and half on the passenger to level it side to side? Dont understand why the drivers side max's at 5 and a half so I cant level my truck completely due to this problem. Anybody just replaced the bolts?? Thanks to any Info.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
I heard of a similar issue to this recently. One thought was that since the gas tank and you are on one side, that bar may sag a bit more over time. I would think bolts would be an option as long as you got the correct grade. Another option might be new keys - which would give you more adjustability with your existing bolts. Guys have used these ebay keys with good success:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy crap, that was a quick reply, I think Ima go with new bolt, being Im a broke a$$ fool at the moment, but I aint seen keys that cheap so far, always seen the kits from TRUXX at like 200+, thought i was goin crazy havin to crank one side more than the other, but measurements dont lie 20 times in a row lol. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not tryin' to detest your knowledge here moe, just curiose, how? The butt end of my truck is at 25" from well to center, front end was at 22" n half, now its at 24". Thats with the Drivers side bottomed, and passenger at exaclty 6.5 turns, still got like 1 maybe 2 turns left, thanks for ebay link bmann!

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
I know that when DodgeViper bought the keys that I listed he specifically liked them because they were forged. Just make sure those other keys are forged and not cast.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
moe in wichita ks

Jdub2010 i should have said that my experance is from a LONG time ago. ie. 1969, on a 59 ply wagon. and i dont have experance with the newer trucks, they may react diffirant than my experance. seams iam still stuck in the past to much. just give it a try but keep a close eye on the front end parts. pardon my spelling. there are a few things that happen when you get old, but i cant remember what they are.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
moe in wichita ks
just wait in a few weeks you will turn 60. just dont get stuck in the past like i have. be sure and spend time with your kids, cause they will be gone way to soon, they are more imporant than your truck. children are ONLY thing you can take to heaven.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.