DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nick everything went well...allthough had to fight for those last 2 plugs on either side....(total of 3 fingers with torn skin). engine light came on after i finished... disconnected the battery and it went away...so far so good....much cleaner look...Thanks Paul..

Attachments

·
Fast SHOW Truck
4,446 Posts
now what do they do for our trucks

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Looks good. I also got mine completed today! However I did not receive any CEL's. Why did you remove your intake?

All they do is help clean up under the hood!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
To get the old wires out of the way...there in this sorta tray under the intake...I assumed they where all made this way!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DAYTONA81 said:
now what do they do for our trucks
cleans up that disaster under the intake, wires crossed all over the place!!!!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:drinkn:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
little hard starting this morning......surprised with the new ignition wires and all.....hope it was a fluke thing!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Anyone else having the hard starting problem? I'm also having the same issue the last 2 mornings.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dumb question? I have not looked at a tech manual at the firing order or anything, just noticed the wire routing of my own Lil' Hemi and it appears that the coils on the left bank fire the right cylinders and vice-versa, that's why the wires are routed under the air intake. Am I wrong about this? If not, how do you get the left bank to fire the left bank and right-right? Curious on this one, please advise.

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
My truck has taken just a second longer holdig the key to start ever since I installed my shorties. So your not alone on this one al1270.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlackBaggedSS/T said:
My truck has taken just a second longer holdig the key to start ever since I installed my shorties. So your not alone on this one al1270.
Same here...just a touch longer....wonder why?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ok,

I see the Taylor Shorties fire the cylinder that the coil sits above, ie, coil one fires cylinder one. Well anyone care to explain below?

PatriotBlueHemi said:
Dumb question? I have not looked at a tech manual at the firing order or anything, just noticed the wire routing of my own Lil' Hemi and it appears that the coils on the left bank fire the right cylinders and vice-versa, that's why the wires are routed under the air intake. Am I wrong about this? If not, how do you get the left bank to fire the left bank and right-right? Curious on this one, please advise.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
I have not had any issues what so ever!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dear God!

Am I seriously the only one who understands my question that I have posed "TWICE " now? Surely everyone on here is not that mechanically incompetent, obviously, if you can put on your ignition wires. It must be the way it is written. Let me try again. Stock it appears that the coil packs on the left bank ( that's the driver's side ) of a Hemi are firing the cylinders on the right bank ( Passenger's side ), follow the wires and see, I could be wrong but don't think so. Taylor Shorties appear to fire the corresponding cylinder, ie, cylinder one fires cylinder one and so on. So can anyone answer my question are is it still too complex?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry Patriot....basically they clean up the engine so you dont have that "birds nest" of plug wires crossing over the top of the engine.
Your stock wires are routed to give you one spark on combustion stroke and to fire the second plug on the opposing cylinder on its exhaust stroke.
With the shorty wires they allow you to fire both pugs in the same cylinder at the same time. This leads to a more complete burn...

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
kicksave said:
Sorry Patriot....basically they clean up the engine so you dont have that "birds nest" of plug wires crossing over the top of the engine.
Your stock wires are routed to give you one spark on combustion stroke and to fire the second plug on the opposing cylinder on its exhaust stroke.
With the shorty wires they allow you to fire both pugs in the same cylinder at the same time. This leads to a more complete burn...

And they also convert your ignition system to that of the Mopar Performance ignition setup :rck:

·
HemiSS/T
609 Posts
Well, since everyone else is posting pix....

Attachments

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
HAHA, The official AIR RAM TAYLOR Shorty Wire Thread

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.