DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just joined. I have a 2001 ext cab 1500 shortbed 5.2 5 speed I need a fuel pump but need the tank size. Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I can hear the fuel pump come on. I haven't dropped the tank yet because of this. It has started but when it did it ran like crap and won't run everytime I try and start it just keeps cranking. I replaced dist cap and rotor the plug wires and the plugs. And it's still doing the same thing. I'm going to check fuel psi and compression to the cylinders tomorrow. Besides that does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the battery so no present codes and my scanner can't retrieve the code history. But I know its getting spark because before I did the plugs,wires,cap,and rotor it fired up but ran like shit. I did 6 plugs the other night and it ran but like shit. Then last night I did the last 2 and the cap and rotor and wires. When it did run I had to keep feathering the throttle to keep the gas going to it so I'm on the verge of getting a fuel pump/filter/regulator.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
might also be o2s or TPS sensors.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
I don't believe the tank size has anything to do with the fuel pump. the housing is telescopic and fuel pressures are all the same.
do yourself a favor and research your own parts on rockauto. the part numbers are the same no matter what tank size you enter. what happened? did a tech school kid at the local parts house trip you up with an erroneous question?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.