DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 Ram 2500 4x4, has a speed sensitive squeak. When you start to accelerate from a stop, it sounds like e e e e and picks up speed and then goes away. has anyone have any idea what this could be. Your comments would be greatly appreciated, I don't put a lot of faith in my dealer last time it took them three times to get a break issue fixed.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Have you check your serpentine belt for correct tension and that it is not worn. To test it get a bar of wet soap and rub it on to your belt, it will leave it sticky for a while and let it grab.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Sounds like a warped rotor. The little squealer on the pad is just bouncing off the rotor at low speeds and you can't hear it once you speed up.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
you can usually tell if it is the wear indicator on the brake pads by turning the wheel from left to right when it is making the noise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I think I am going to turn it in to the dealer, they did the breaks a couple of months ago, and had to turn the rear rotors, but the belt could be a possability as well thanks for the advise. Least it gives me somewhere to start looking.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
check if any kind of oil has leaked onto the belt that will make it squeek, or it could very well be the wear indicators on the pads,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
found out what the problem was, it was the U-Joints, I have never heard them make that kind of sound before on the other trucks I have had but when the squeak went away and then I started getting a popping sound I figured it out and had it fixed so thanks for the help guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.