DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a tailgate damper. Moe's has the EZ Down for 54.95 and the Dee Zee EZ Down for 61.99. They look identical. Does anyone know if there is anything about the Dee Zee version which would warrant the extra cost and if anyone has either one - your likes and dislikes please. Also do they help lift the tailgate when closing or just assist with the lowering? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The shock only lets you drop the tailgate without it slamming down, it just slowly opens. A very nice addition. As far as closing, that takes the Torsion bar, it helps remove the weight of the tailgate so it can be closed with a couple of fingers. I don't know of one product that does both. But together these remove all difficulties associated with the tailgate.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
Mopar has one now. Quite a few guys out here in AZ have them on their trucks.

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
the Dee Zee is the one Mopar is selling, and they were selling it for 47 bucks.

·
Registered
929 Posts
ez-down

ordered mine and get it from jegs, http://www.jegs.com/i/Dee+Zee/300/43300/10002/-1

$46.99 + shipping. just a word though, kind of a pita for any dodge ram 1500 above 06 model year. i know it says it fits but its kinda of tricky. the instructions were the worse i have ever seen, then once on you have to make sure the safety cable is out of the way when you close it or it gets stuck behind the dampner and pops out and hits the side of the tail light. i took pics and sent them to dee zee and was told they would get back to me as soon as they come up with something. but it still works and does so well. 15min tops for the install. hope this helps:cool:

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Combination of the two gadgets works like a charm! Yeah the torsion bar is a bit of a pain. The tailgate is unwieldy. I had no issue with the 'structions, though.

·
Registered
929 Posts
ez-down

my instructions looked like a third grader copied them, and the cable issue worries me because if not done correctly its eventually going to get someone's tail lights. that worried me enough to send them some pics in hope they can come up with something to keep that from happening. glad to hear yours come out good.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes you can. I have both on mine and love them.

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
32,962 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
i've got the hoppy and it was the best 20 i ever spent. It helps with both the drop and lift. The install is a little tricky but nothing out of hand.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I"ve got the Dee Zee EZ Down in mine and love it. Now my kids don't drop the tailgate anymore.

·
Dodge For Life
120 Posts
I have had the Tailgate Easylift by Hoppy Mfg. for over 2 years. 1 of the best truck add-ons there is, works great up & down

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Hoppy all the way.
100% reliable easy to use and never wears out like a damper can.
Gets my vote.
Al.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.