DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GOT LIFT?
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my son some Altezza lights for his 08 Caliber for Christmas, we went out to put them on and me, thinking it would be a couple of bolts to remove found what appears to be a black plug of some kind. I was trying to pry on them to see how they go on, thinking this was some kind of a bolt cover but, figured I would stop before I broke one of them. Anyone change the stock lights out? What is this plug? Do these just pop off or is there another way to take them out?

Another thing I noticed is that these are suppose to be for a 2008 Caliber, his tail lights only have 2 bulbs > a combination stop/tail/turn and a back up light. These Altezza lights have a place for 3 bulbs > 2 red and 1 back up. Did they change these or are there some models that utilize 3 bulbs?

Thx.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought my son some Altezza lights for his 08 Caliber for Christmas, we went out to put them on and me, thinking it would be a couple of bolts to remove found what appears to be a black plug of some kind. I was trying to pry on them to see how they go on, thinking this was some kind of a bolt cover but, figured I would stop before I broke one of them. Anyone change the stock lights out? What is this plug? Do these just pop off or is there another way to take them out?

Another thing I noticed is that these are suppose to be for a 2008 Caliber, his tail lights only have 2 bulbs > a combination stop/tail/turn and a back up light. These Altezza lights have a place for 3 bulbs > 2 red and 1 back up. Did they change these or are there some models that utilize 3 bulbs?

Thx.
Your right about the tail light fixture,it is held in on the hatch side
by 2 pry out pin plugs.If you look closely you will see a spot to pry
with a small flat bladed screwdriver,they then pull/pivot towards the
outside of fender.
There was a change from '07 to '08 in the wiring for the tails,I have not
changed out mine but quite a few other owners have,I might suggest
you check out either of caliberforumS or caliberforumZ sites as many on
both these sites have done the mod.

·
GOT LIFT?
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks for the help, I'll try one of those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.