DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my problem: ive changed the bulb, checked the fuses, cleaned the connectors and boom tail light still wont work, its my top light on the passenger side, when i hit the brakes it lights up though so its getting juice.
the weird thing is when i unscrew the bulb that isnt working and put it with one that does its works fine, so im thinking its a electrical problem somewhere between the two lights on that side because the bottom works fine.

Anyone have this problem before? or any ideas i should try? i really dont want to take it in over something this basic.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Your post is so incredibly confusing, I can't even understand what you are doing. Please clarify, because right now it sounds like you replaced the light and it works now.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
your light bulb has two filiments.......ones blown.............replace the bulb

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright so the passanger side taillight doesnt work, ive replaced the bulb and checked the fuses, it still wont work. thats the gist of it. anyone have any ideas on what else it might be?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
go turn on your head lights to your durango and check out the tail lights, there are two bulbs in each taillight one on top of the other making a total of four lights, all four are supposed to light up, mine only has three, two on drivers side (work fine), one on the passenger side (not fine), only the bottom one on the passenger side will light up, but when i hit the brakes all four light up so its getting juice, ive replaced the bulbs three times now. plus if i take the top bulb that doesnt work out and switch it with the bottom it works, but the one that was on the bottom which was moved to the top wont work now. thats why im freaking out i hope that helps explain my problem better

·
Registered
68 Posts
your explanations are pretty bad, I have never read anything like it...

If what I can gather from what you are saying is accurate... It is indeed the second filament on the one bulb... there is no other excuse...

Simply switching bulbs and having it work tells you that the one you are using is bad...

If you have bought and replaced it 3 times the only thing I can give you is that you must be breaking the filament on transit, I highly doubt that they have sold you three bunk bulbs... Unless you are getting them from "pick your part"

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
shaggs, the contact in the socket could be pushed in too far and not making contact. you could try hooking something beneath it to raise it enough to make contact or clean it with the eraser end of a pencil. (do this w/the lights off!)
cardfan, I think he says when he puts seemingly bad bulb in known good socket, it works.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
exactly b1g bleu, its not a problem with the bulb.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you tried pulling the plug on the back, checking the wires and the contacts inside the plug of the suspect outlet? I had a problem once where my right turn signal started flashing super fast (I actually kind of liked it if I could do it on purpose all the way around)... But I pulled the rear plug off, cleaned it out and pressed it back together and it started to work fine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.