DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im supposed to be gettin my ram head tail light covers from getting painted in a couple days and the dodge dealership told me to make sure that i put them on when it was warm so it was stay on my truck better because the only thing holding it on are 2 strips of double sided tape. Its still pretty chilly and its not supposed to warm up for a couple of weeks but i wont be able to wait that long. Has anyone had problems with their taillight covers staying on good with the 2 sided tape or does it hold pretty good?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Holds pretty good, I have put them on in the cold before. Just make sure you wash the section down that the tape is going on real good with the alcohol solution that comes with the covers

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I don't really care for the two sided tape. I have had problems with it on my ventvisors, however, I think that is just because I didn't clean it well enough. Make sure you prep the area really well. Also, if you want, use a blow dryer to heat up the area first, that may help.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
04redsoxram said:
Im supposed to be gettin my ram head tail light covers from getting painted in a couple days and the dodge dealership told me to make sure that i put them on when it was warm so it was stay on my truck better because the only thing holding it on are 2 strips of double sided tape. Its still pretty chilly and its not supposed to warm up for a couple of weeks but i wont be able to wait that long. Has anyone had problems with their taillight covers staying on good with the 2 sided tape or does it hold pretty good?
Three years on our 2002
No problems

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks as soon as i get it back im gonna put them on with just the tape, these taillight covers wont get me pulled over will they? I cant get another ticket in 3 months or i lose my liscense and the cops around here will pull you over for anything so i was just makin sure theres nothing that they could get me for.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
my covers are held on with velcro, that's two-sided taped to the tail lights

I put them on and it was around 45 degrees, and no problems here

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
04redsoxram said:
I cant get another ticket in 3 months or i lose my liscense and the cops around here will pull you over for anything so i was just makin sure theres nothing that they could get me for.
All depends on your state

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
04redsoxram said:
... I cant get another ticket in 3 months or i lose my liscense....
luckily I've already passed that hurdle, except I couldn't get a ticket for 6 months, then at 7 months, I got another speeding ticket and then I couldn't get one for 1 year. That sucked bad, but happy to say 2 years later and I still have my license :D

·
AndIHopeYouLikeRamminToo!
1,438 Posts
Mine have been holding for well over a year and over 100mph. The double sided stuff works well. I live in NJ where the laws are more harsh than other states and I don't have any problems from the police. Now, as far as inspection, I don't know. It's not due for that until 07.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
04redsoxram said:
the cops around here will pull you over for anything so i was just makin sure theres nothing that they could get me for.
They might pull you over to tell you they look bad. :)

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
Blackwolf my tail lights look fine thank you

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Chauncy said:
Blackwolf my tail lights look fine thank you
Ehh, better than some. My real issue is with the cheap looking little plastic banding or ram's head. The total cover ain't so bad. I had those covers on my headlights and took them back because of lack of light. I want people to know when I'm stopping. So not so fine for me, your welcome.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
The ones I had on my Hemi was held to the tail light with Velcro which was two sided to the tail light.

The ones on my Dakota was just two sided to it and I never had a problem with either setup.

Also, concerning the laws... a lot will depend on the person who pulls you over if they decide to. Hopefully they'll just make you take them off and let you carry on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.