DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I did a lot of reading about how to lift my bro's 01 4x4 standard 3.9 for x-mas. I ordered the shackles #2001 from the spring place, and planned on cranking his t-bars.
I came on the forum today to ask how I would know if his t-bars were already cranked, and what would happen if I cranked them too far. Instead, I read the first post on top, and it mentioned that the shackles will onlt lift a 2wd, and that I would have to get blocks or AAL to lift his 4x4.

Can anyone clear this up for me? Are these shackles that I just got in UPS no good?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry man, you right on, the shackles will not work on our 4x4 daks b/c we have a reversed shackle and will actualy lower the truck if you put them on. for some reason they only lift 2wd daks and all durangos. I did the same thing. Your gonna have to end up going with blocks or add-a-leafs, if you get the blocks make sure you get the ones with the square u-bolts, not the round ones and make sure the the blocks aren't cast iron seeing as that they can crack and become dislogded will driving, but your best bet is gonna be add-a-leafs as stated above b/c they don't cause any axle wrap, but they're gonna stiffen up the rear end a little, but the blocks wont.

Aa far as the t-bars, you can't over crank them. Just crank them until they you can't crank any more.

Hope this clears things up for ya

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.