DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cranked mine the other day. Did 3 turns per side. My truck is sitting level now, but the bolt heads that I turned are as far as they can go. Looks that way at least. I am happy with it, but just wondering if this is correct. They are up against that crossbar they go through. Does this sound right? Truck rides fine. All looks good. Thanks.

·
MFIC
682 Posts
they should be able to go up more, but 3 or 4 turns about levels it. get the truck aligned too..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. Why oh why do you mess with the T-bars? I am 46 years young and have totally trashed and completly replaced enitire front end componants by di*%ing with t-bars. (Done by garage with re-alignment I might add)Be patient save your money and do one of many optional lifts instead. Give it time, your will see. The darn things were not meant to be screwed with.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i have mine cranked up pretty close to max, and i've been around many lifted truck, i've done few, and you could crank up the t-bar for a lift of 2", thats how far we take them, no more then that, never ran into a problem so far, and if you want to go more then you should go with aftermarket boats so they wont ripe but you would be pushing it.

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
RV Guy said:
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. Why oh why do you mess with the T-bars? I am 46 years young and have totally trashed and completly replaced enitire front end componants by di*%ing with t-bars. (Done by garage with re-alignment I might add)Be patient save your money and do one of many optional lifts instead. Give it time, your will see. The darn things were not meant to be screwed with.
Any suspension technician worth his wrenches will tell you the same thing. When you change the alignment of the front suspension (crank the torsion bars) you angle your CV's, ball joints, and tie rod ends. These were designed to provide maximum life at the factory set angles. With a GOOD QUALITY suspension lift you will stay fairly close to stock angles by changing out the steering knuckles to taller units with the tie rod mounts at the factory height. There will also be bracketry that mounts to the bottom of your front cross member that drops the lower control arms to accept the taller knuckles and still keep your ball joints at stock angle.
If you baby your truck and don't use it for what it was designed to do, you might be fine (maybe). But if you use your truck for...GASP...a truck, your asking for trouble.

My two cents.
Believe me or ask an experienced suspension technician.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What Pheonix said. LOL.
I Viewed your pics and it's good to see pics of a truck in it's element, not sitting in a driveway or in a parade. Enjoyed. I just picked up my 02 with less than 26K miles (believe it or not). The suspension I trashed was a 03 Chevy (I know, I know) Always had Rams. Back in the saddle now. Will begin to build and modify and will post mountain trail pics from southern Nevada.

·
Registered
122 Posts
well, in my case, the "factory settings" had a 1" difference between left & right sides

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I have heard of a few people who have run into problems w/ cranked bars, most are maxed out. I have had a few trucks in my 22 years and have never had a problem out of cranking the bars. Ive used them for hauling, towing, off roading etc and never had any breakage or damage of any kind. I also have many close friends who have done the same, w/ no issues to speak of at all. I think the above mentioned issues are from more than simply altering you CV angles slightly. Sounds like an urban legend to me. Maybe by the time im 40 i will have seen 1 person who has experienced problems, but until i do, Ill continue to crank mine and be happy.

·
Tape On
829 Posts
04RAM said:
I have heard of a few people who have run into problems w/ cranked bars, most are maxed out. I have had a few trucks in my 22 years and have never had a problem out of cranking the bars. Ive used them for hauling, towing, off roading etc and never had any breakage or damage of any kind. I also have many close friends who have done the same, w/ no issues to speak of at all. I think the above mentioned issues are from more than simply altering you CV angles slightly. Sounds like an urban legend to me. Maybe by the time im 40 i will have seen 1 person who has experienced problems, but until i do, Ill continue to crank mine and be happy.
Ditto!

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
04RAM said:
Ditto Ditto!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
BrandonSC said:
Then why is there an ADJUSTER SCREW?
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
Thats one sweet looking truck HEMI FREAK!!!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
hemion20s said:
Thats one sweet looking truck HEMI FREAK!!!
Thanks!!!
I love it, but I have definitely caught "the fever" (more mods!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.