DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this set of synth rollers for my synth winch line. If you are running synth wire i would suggest a consideration of the synthetic rollers. I havent noticed any problems with the existing steel rollers but they are marred and have some sharper edges and don't want to risk fraying the synthetic wire. I'll post some pics when they come in and installed. Let you know how it goes. Hope I don't have to drop the winch and bracket to install them It looks kind of tight

Viking Replacement Delrin Fairlead Rollers

These Viking rollers are designed to be used with synthetic winch lines, replacing the factory galvanized rollers. They are made from Delrin offering high strength, abrasion resistance, and heat resistance, and have a smooth surface to protect your synthetic winch line. The Viking rollers are 68% lighter than stock. .97 Kg (34.4 oz / 2.1 lb) vs. stock steel rollers at 2.4Kg (83.2 oz / 5.2 lb). Delrin is somewhat similar to lightweight alloys like aluminum. We call it the alloy of plastics because it has good machining properties like aluminum, it is dimensionally stable and very tough. The material is resistant to oils, chemicals, UV light and abrasion

Attachments

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
That's what most of the sliders on street bikes are made from. I think the knee pucks on my leathers are made from it too.

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
how do you plan to install them? they won't fit in place of the original ones will they, are they the same diameter, or are you just gonna bolt that onto something?

·
Registered
956 Posts
keep us posted on the mod-I'm always interested in saving weight-it all adds up. how much wt. is saved going from steel cable to syn. line ? and how much more length can you get on the drum ?

·
Labrador Retrievers rule!
1,794 Posts
Yeah- What Crash said...
Keep your receipt. They aren't standard Warn size.
You could have some custom machined. Just take your original rollers to any Machinist and use the stock center pin. Teflon would be even better than Delrin. Lower coefficient of friction and probably easier to get.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
keep us posted on the mod-I'm always interested in saving weight-it all adds up. how much wt. is saved going from steel cable to syn. line ? and how much more length can you get on the drum ?
125' of the synth weighs just under 6lbs. I can strech out the entire line and pull it flat. No dip. It's the most fantastic mod so far. I have the 7/16" line. I'm sure I could have easily done 150' at 3/8. It's pretty close in strength. As far as the rollers, It's direct warn replacement. I called the fellow and measured mine. It should (fingers crossed) be a no-brainer. Our fairleads are backwards compared to conventional setups. Here's a pic to show how much room is left on the drum with 125' of 7/16 Synth. I have fallen in love with this cable. But I still keep my original cable around for that just in case. There are synth cable repair kits too. Apparently you can fix the line with no loss in strengh. I'll keep everybody posted. I'm kinda excited about doing it. I haven't been buying too much for the PW for the last while as i'm doing a couple of V-8 Conversion swaps into a couple of Fiero's. I plan on starting my new bumper soon as well as aquiring a couple of new jounce shocks. I'm tired of bottoming on the rubber.

Attachments

·
1,794 Posts
Warn makes the Power Wagon fairlead for Dodge, but there is no way that is the standard Warn fairlead sold everyware.
I have both. But my other truck is 180miles away right now.
I would bet my left nut that they are different length and diameter.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warn makes the Power Wagon fairlead for Dodge, but there is no way that is the standard Warn fairlead sold everyware.
I have both. But my other truck is 180miles away right now.
I would bet my left nut that they are different length and diameter.
Replacement Rollers for Warn Fairlead's where the longer rollers measure 7.92"

Replacement Roller for Superwinch, Ramsey, Milemarker, T-Max & Warn Fairlead's where the longer roller measures 7.5"

Replacement Rollers for Superwinch X6CD, X9, S6000 & S9000 Fairlead's where the longer rollers measure 8"

Viking Replacement Delrin Fairlead Rollers

These Viking rollers are designed to be used with synthetic winch lines, replacing the factory galvanized rollers. They are made from Delrin offering high strength, abrasion resistance, and heat resistance, and have a smooth surface to protect your synthetic winch line. The
http://www.winchline.com/fairleads.htm#delrinrollers

I'll have your left nut now please lol. UPS Direct so it can stay fresh. I got a prank to pull......

·
1,794 Posts
I'm just going by eye and memory...
I hope I don't lose my nut.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we should just go to bed. You can worry about that nut in the morning. Lol. After this When I build a new bumper I might Put on a non roller style. BTW for the price I'll make em fit. It's like less than 80 bucks and I save precious 3.1 lbs and like close to 40 lbs on the line. I Go Faster Than You Then

·
1,794 Posts
I went outside in the rain and measured the PW.
The horizontal rollers are 12inches long. The vertical are just under 2.5"
(the metal parts only, not including the plastic bushings)
Both diameters are 1.25".

So maybe I was wrong about the diameter. Since it is longer, It appears smaller diameter in proportion...
I'm not cutting my nut in half...

·
1,794 Posts
BTW- Nice Charger...:rck:
I'll bet my Cobra is quicker. Top speed is limited to 155 electronically...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I went outside in the rain and measured the PW.
The horizontal rollers are 12inches long. The vertical are just under 2.5"
(the metal parts only, not including the plastic bushings)
Both diameters are 1.25".

So maybe I was wrong about the diameter. Since it is longer, It appears smaller diameter in proportion...
I'm not cutting my nut in half...
:thatfunny:DCrazy man. Sales guy "Guaranteed" Fitment. Moneyback and everything. We'll see when It comes. I just want to stop the risk of fray. I've got a few Ideas to make it work if it doesn't. AND you're supposed to send a whole left nut. No halfies Lol.

·
我愛貓
7,864 Posts
V8 Fiero's you say
One of these day's I'll get mine done

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I had a buddy in high school that built a V8 Fiero, that thing hauled a$$!! I think he was making in the neighborhood of 400hp

So what's the skinny on the Delrin rollers? Did they fit? If not were you able to mod them?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2 out of 4 fit. I never got around to working on them since summer. Maybe over the winter i'll get them modified to work. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I still need to get the synthetic rope, but I am interested in how this works out, then again I'm probably going to end up with something completely different because I'm trying to get a multi mount set up built for my winch, which will require something different I'm sure ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.