DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am riding in my 1 week old Magnum (SXT) and an R/T pulls along side, of course the guy drops the window and says "Why didn't you get the Hemi?". Now if he was just curious and not a jerk about it, he would not have got "Why didn't you get the BIG Hemi?" :huh: No reply, window went up! Just found it kinda funny!

Oh, by the way, glad to be part of the forum, this being my first post and all!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
what a maroon, he probably didn't even know there IS a big hemi!

BTW: first day really driving around in the Magnum in the daylight for an appreciable time. Man does this car get a lot of looks!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
SPANKYSPL said:
So I am riding in my 1 week old Magnum (SXT) and an R/T pulls along side, of course the guy drops the window and says "Why didn't you get the Hemi?". Now if he was just curious and not a jerk about it, he would not have got "Why didn't you get the BIG Hemi?" :huh: No reply, window went up! Just found it kinda funny!

Oh, by the way, glad to be part of the forum, this being my first post and all!!!!
Welcome to DodgeTalk!

Gotta say, your comeback was pretty funny! :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you on the welcome, and appreciation of my sense of humor.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats to you, and welcome to forum.
I had a similar case with an RT. I pulled along side an RT and instead of a wave or a smile, I got "was the Hemi too much for you to handle?" I said "no, I just don't have to prove my manhood to the world." With that said, he put his foot to the floor and away he went. Around the corner about a half a mile down the road, there he was again. Only this time he was pulled to the side of the road with a nice policeman parked directly behind him! :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny
Of course I laughed MFAO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My first post

I am a newbie on this board and in the Dodge family in general. I havent yet had an RT owner ask me that question but I've only had my SXT for a week and a half. I probably would just say "I'm 22, fresh out of college and could not afford it" point blank but that would be anti- climactic compared to the said comebacks....

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think to question someone in a degrading way like there is something wrong with them because they didn't buy the Hemi is just STUPID!!

Fot whatever reason a person gets the SE or SXT is their reason and there is nothing wrong with it.

I personally wanted the SRT8 Magnum but with the price of gas and the low gas mileage of the SRT8 I decided on the R/T.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys... drive what you want! I got the look and the question in my Mustang - why didn't you get the 5.0?? Well... lets see.. this is (was) 2002 and Ford does not build a 5 liter engine for mustangs any more... the insurance was nearly twice as much for the GT and the gas millage sux!!!

Now I am in my 5.7 liter station wagon. And I dont get asked that :) For most folks they dont need the Hemi. It is fun... but not needed by as many folks who have em.

Cheers

J

·
Registered
401 Posts
Had a few RT owner's pull up to me and ask why i didn't spring on the HEMI. I told them to take a look at our 2 respective cars and tell me what they see. Not only does mine acutally look more agressive, but even with all those mods i still haven't hit the price I would have paid for the upgrade! They understand after that, and usually laugh and walk away shaking hands because in the end we are all Mag owners!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I spent several years on submarines in the Navy. That is one tight lifetime brotherhood. Even as such, we have anal retentive individuals there too. So, just ignore them and enjoy your ride.

One reply could have been ... "Mine will travel the speed limit while you're filling up at the gas station" ... better yet ... just feel sorry for the mental midget.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey w5blt I'm not even going to comment on being in a sub and being anal retentive with a bunch of seamen!! :D LOL Just kidding with ya!!
:thatfunny

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like my SXT and glad I just have to tune it up every 100,000 miles compared to the Hemi. (30,000 miles) Money saved is money I can spend on babes (I wish) and beer---a much better investment!!! Welcome new SXT member!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
w5blt said:
I spent several years on submarines in the Navy. That is one tight lifetime brotherhood. Even as such, we have anal retentive individuals there too. So, just ignore them and enjoy your ride.

One reply could have been ... "Mine will travel the speed limit while you're filling up at the gas station" ... better yet ... just feel sorry for the mental midget.

I spent several years killing sub folks :cool: AW in P3's... :gr_patrio

·
Registered
258 Posts
LOL! That was a good comback!
It's all in what is important to you. I personally don't care for 20+ rims and 4 billion watt stereo's, but the HEMI is just too much fun to pass up, so while I don't have to justify my purchase to a wife or family, I'm getting what I want.
The SXT was always a fall-back position, if I had to buy a new car tomorrow and hadn't saved enough for the RT then I'd be happy but I'd always regret not being able to get the HEMI, and I'll have this car too long to regret owning it.
Besides, I have a big block Mopar, after going from underpowered 4-cylinders to driving that thing, well if I can get that kind of fun in a package that stops, turns, and handles well and looks good to boot then I'm there.
The Magnum's kind of like Pizza, it may not have what you want but it's almost never bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
djc208 said:
LOL! The Magnum's kind of like Pizza, it may not have what you want but it's almost never bad.
You must be from Chicago, but never have been to St. Louis! ;) I can't believe they call it pizza in MO!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I sprang for this car this time because of funding. It wasa 13k upgrade in car price for just the SXT! When I trade this puppy in in 4-5 years, I will be getting another mag, only this time i'll have more down so i can get better. That's the way I buy my cars, and I'm sure a lot of you do as well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Blackcomb said:
I sprang for this car this time because of funding. It wasa 13k upgrade in car price for just the SXT! When I trade this puppy in in 4-5 years, I will be getting another mag, only this time i'll have more down so i can get better. That's the way I buy my cars, and I'm sure a lot of you do as well.
Hi hear ya buddy. If I can unload my SXT for a decent price, a SRT8 is on the horizon for sure. (Then I can start the modifying process all over again.)

·
Registered
267 Posts
butweet said:
Hi hear ya buddy. If I can unload my SXT for a decent price, a SRT8 is on the horizon for sure. (Then I can start the modifying process all over again.)
You know I was at the dealer trying to work a deal for a R/T, but I just washed my SXT and cleaned it...DAMN it's a good looking car..I think I will keep it :D But I know I will go through this all over again when I finally see the SRT8...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had a few people ask me why I didn't get the hemi (I have a SXT AWD for a company car). I always reply, "My car was free". If they are a jerk about it, I will add "How much was yours?".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.