DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am addicted to my wifes Vee-Dub Passat. Actually not the car as much as the key/fob setup for her car. I find myself grabbing for her keys more then my Ram because of (this sounds lame) the cool feeling of hitting the button and watching the key fly out. Vain and sad... I know...

My questions... Could I pick up a factory vw, mb, audi, or bmw FOB and have the lock/unlock buttons reprogramed for my Dodge?

Does anyone know of an aftermarket remote start that offers a key fob like this?

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I would guess no, but i'm not certain...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
you may be able to have it programmed to work but im not sure. i can tell you that your key wont flip out though. they keys are totally different and with that said, your key would never stay in the closed position it would always be open.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
you can change out the blade for one from a regular key so it flips out but I don't think the remote will work. o yea those keys are almost $200 too. I have one for my vw it is very addicting to play with it. The cars are very addicting too, steal your wife's one day and hit some twisty backroads.

·
Banned
7,000 Posts
spedly said:
you can change out the blade for one from a regular key so it flips out but I don't think the remote will work. o yea those keys are almost $200 too. I have one for my vw it is very addicting to play with it. The cars are very addicting too, steal your wife's one day and hit some twisty backroads.

VW Keys are awesome...but there is no way I'd take my moms Vdub on some twisty roads...her Passat is so damn floaty it freakes me out. If it were mine, it'd HAVE to get bigger brakes and MUCH stiffer suspension.

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
drblainey said:
I am addicted to my wifes Vee-Dub Passat. Actually not the car as much as the key/fob setup for her car. I find myself grabbing for her keys more then my Ram because of (this sounds lame) the cool feeling of hitting the button and watching the key fly out. Vain and sad... I know...

My questions... Could I pick up a factory vw, mb, audi, or bmw FOB and have the lock/unlock buttons reprogramed for my Dodge?

Does anyone know of an aftermarket remote start that offers a key fob like this?
lol, thats funny because crossfires and some sprinter vans have fobs like that and I'd always play with them at work when they were hanging on the board. I know its dumb but I enjoyed it, lmao.

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
drblainey said:

lmao :thatfunny

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
adamsredlines said:
VW Keys are awesome...but there is no way I'd take my moms Vdub on some twisty roads...her Passat is so damn floaty it freakes me out. If it were mine, it'd HAVE to get bigger brakes and MUCH stiffer suspension.
The only passat I have pushed hard is my dads w8 4motion so the awd may have played into it. I have pushed my golf and my old gti very hard and you have to really try to get those things to give up.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
the new mercedes keys are just a sensor now. you just slide it in and the two sensors make contact, no more keys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.