DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would it be worth it to trade in my K&N FIPK for a ramhammer or a vararam?

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
I dont think it would be worth it for the price of those things. Hell you could build you a custom one out of pcv and some reducers if you want the big part at the end.

Or make you a headlight track intake for track purposes!

·
Kfed
1,401 Posts
Thats up to you. I swear by my varram, and others for the hammer but i dont really see to many running the fipk

·
13's when its cold out
1,547 Posts
I am pretty sure thats the same intake I have? Is your k&n the one with the with the polished tube or the plastic looking tube!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
plastic. when i put it in a while ago i didnt feel much difference, i remember seeing someone who had about the same mods as me, who said the vararam power increase was even better than a superchips programmer. still goin with long tubes next, just like to keep a step or 2 ahead of what im getting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi,all i can say is...i have a k&n intake(pollished),and when my throttle body needed clened the dodge garage said it was my filter it cost me 107 bucks for that info and a map sensor,well the lady at k&n said that it wasnt there filter causing it,but that because dodge charged me to do that work,instead of doing it under warrenty ,she said she would reimberse me the 107 bucks ,instead i asked for a new filter and she sent me one with a 47 dollar check,so to me ,they stood behind their product,btw it wasnt the filter,it was the throttle body needed cleaned,and its been running great ever since,just my 2 cents john

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I thought the RamHammer wasn't being made anymore? Something about the owner taking money, and not delivering...

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
that's true. But you can still buy them used and the're great, too bad about the company. AIRA should be coming out with something similar to the RamHammer soon. btw AFE and Volant also make great intakes.

·
Come Git Some
1,155 Posts
is isnt the guy from hammer makin his own intakes like B.F.I. or something like that? supposed to be just like the rammhammer

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
That would be Lance of AIRA, formally of Ram Hammer. But no he isn't Rev. Hammer, the owner of Hammer Automotive, who made the Ram Hammer and Air Hammer.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
I went the homemade route...then the mopar clone....each step better then the previous, then I went with the ramhammer and it's the last intake I'll put on my truck...I felt the performance right outta the chute...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I need a better intake, not happy with mine, its just a tube and a cone. Might try to make a ram air box, but ill be looking for a cheap ramhammer or vararam. now i know theres a big discusion on witch is better, but the way i figure either are better than mine now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.