DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '85 B350-based RV with 8-lug, 16.5" (with 1/2" studs) wheels on it and would like to change to the 16" size. Anyone know what year they changed to the smaller size? Anyone make this swap with no problems?

Thanks!

P.S. Will Ford wheels fit?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi from France,
Me too, I have a 1984 B350 with 16,5 wheels. And I am looking for new tires but this size is not known in Europe or very expensive! So I would be very interested to change my wheels for 16' or 17' size, but with the 8 lugs it is a true problem!
If anyone have an idea?
Thanks in advance,
Sebastien

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Not sure if Ford wheels will fit.

I think later Dodge's had 16" wheels. Try a wheel from like a early 90's B350. Lug pattern should be the same.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
16.5" rims changed to 16"

One of my 16.5's disintegrated so I made the change but just to the rears. I was concerned about running two different sizes (and needing two different spares!) but the circumferences were nearly identical. (Some manufacturers list this measurement, so you can compare). New 16" Uniroyals, with load range E, were $36 per tire cheaper. Where I broke down, there was a week's wait to get a 16.5 replacement so I had no choice.

I was lucky enough to find 16" rims at a reasonable price at a local yard...but it still ate up the difference in price. The main advantage is the better availability of the 16's.

Not sure when they made the change but do know that they changed again in '93 or '94 (different offset) so you are limited to early 90's or maybe late 80's....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for your reply,
But I have no chance to find 16" rims in a yard here in France!!
I will change the 4 tires instead of change the rims!
Have nice time with your Dodge,
Sebastien from France

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.