DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 85 has no front swaybar...I (looking quickly ) do not see a provision for one. Am I crazy? (dont ask my wife) or am I just missing the brackets for some unknown reason... :confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
My `87 didnt have a sway bar either..Dont think most of our trks came w/ one, possibly an option item , from the dealer..
I didnt like the way it cornered, and handled, I obtained one from summit , think it was an addco....Nice and heavy, came w/ all the brackets and bushings....Much better now, for handling.....Give em a call, think they may be getting scarce about now........And happy NEW YEAR..
(my 87 is and D150, assume yours is same)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Addco makes good bars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.If I cant find one,I seem to remember one sitting around work from a 94ish Ram. Might be able to fab it in....( if I didn't toss it).Mine is a 1985 D150... Prospector edition?(thats what the badging on the bed reads)

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
They were optional, my '73 Club Cab has one. I also had another laying around for my '72 but I've lost it somewhere :( They have brackets that bolt to the frame, and then there are 2 different mounting metods at the ends. One attaches to the strut rods and the other uses conventional endlinks in the control arms.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yeah they were optional with a HD version also available. 4wd attaches to the leaf spring plate with a special end link and 2wd attached to the control arms with conventional links.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My 89 Ram 2WD didn't come with one, so I got one from a scrap yard, made the front mounts ( the holes are already in the frame),and bought the bushings and retainers new. The links attach to the strut rod at the lowwer control arm. Those were expensive, but the truck handles WAY better while trying to lose the cops in the corners! Here is a pic:

Attachments

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Those were expensive, but the truck handles WAY better while trying to lose the cops in the corners!
:thatfunny lol

·
Buck99
667 Posts
Chump said:
Yeah they were optional with a HD version also available.
Was the HD version available in 2 wheel drive? I've only seen them in 4x4's and lighter ones in 2 wheelers...

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
buck99 said:
Was the HD version available in 2 wheel drive? I've only seen them in 4x4's and lighter ones in 2 wheelers...
I pulled one off a '73 D200 Camper Special, I would imagine it was a HD.

·
Buck99
667 Posts
I was wondering... My 2 wheel drive trucks out back have a .95" bar and my 76 W100 has a heavy duty bar at 1.2" Does your "Camper Special" have the 1.2"?

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
buck99 said:
I was wondering... My 2 wheel drive trucks out back have a .95" bar and my 76 W100 has a heavy duty bar at 1.2" Does your "Camper Special" have the 1.2"?
I dunno, I can't find it lol. I don't think it was that big though, some maybe the 2wd's only got the small diameter bar.

·
Buck99
667 Posts
Ya, probably. I've bin watchin the wreckers looking for a bigger 2wd bar but have never found one. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.