DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question but i have to ask it. I ve been reading on some forums and off road magazines about people disconnecting their sway bar when the go off road. I was wondering why people do this and if its a good idea, because with my lift came sway bar quick disconnects.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Unhooking the sway bar reduces the roll resistance, so you will get more articulation of the front wheels on terrain where you have a lot of opposite articulation i.e. all the weight on two diagonally opposite wheels. I got the RC disconnects extra with the 2" kit (because they were cheaper than replacing the broken ones with standard parts), they click a little on the road as they have some free play in them, but you'll have to use them as the standard ones are too short with a 5" lift. On mine they seem to make little difference, but with 5" taller springs at the front the rate will be lower and so it'll be able to flex well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I found that disconnecting the sway bar makes a huge difference in the articulation department. I actually removed mine completely. I didn't notice a difference at all while on the street due to the spring rate of the Fabtech springs in my lift, but off road it made a world of difference. Give it a try and see for yourself.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll definetly try removing them this weekend and see how it works. Thanks for the replys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.