DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 1984 truck at the local p-a-p... Will I need the tranny crossmember??? Planning to get the clutch pedal/linkage etc... Anything else come to mind?? The donor is a /6, so no bellhousing... Thanks ill

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Does your truck have the longtail 727? Or the shorttail w/ a bolt on yoke?

·
Registered
663 Posts
i also have an a833 in my garage awating transplant when I can find a bell housing. to keep things simple im planing on using a hydraulic clutch.

I think someone told me i need a bell housing for and only for an a833 to a sb... can anyone clarify me?

I took the tranny cross member just incase, apparentley the drive shaft is the same size. take everything you possably can just to be safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A833 swap

The 727 is the standard long tail...

I've heard the same info on the bell housing(large opening for trans)... Iam thinking that you can swap the input bearing asm for a smaller one(A833)-to get around that problem??

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
I did a swap from a 727 to an A-833 OD in my '78 van about ten years ago. At that time it was hard to find a V-8 bell housing with an 11" clutch that fit the transmission.
Now thay can be found on ebay under "mopar transmission" from time to time.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
bbodybill said:
I've heard the same info on the bell housing(large opening for trans)... Iam thinking that you can swap the input bearing asm for a smaller one(A833)-to get around that problem??
Nope, they don't interchange.

·
Registered
1976 Dodge D100 Custom Utiline 360 A-833 OD trans.
596 Posts
Bbodybill,

PM me if you want specifics. Been down this road myself.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.