DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one old thread with a search related to this that never really finished ... anyway, the one regret I have with my truck is I should have ordered the 34g gas tank. Has anyone here ever swapped in the bigger tank? Comments/suggestions?

·
BoJivin'
1,645 Posts
it should be just like mounting the smaller one. all the mount points should be there.

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
Oh, this is a subject that interests me greatly. So much so, that I did a lot of checking and investigating. Here's what I came up with:

The 34 gallon tanks for the 1500 Quad Cab are expensive; around $400 or so. The fuel pump for the 34 gallon tank is not the same as the one used in the 26 gallon tank, so add another $400. There's also some misc. hardware required. The next high cost item was the labor. I was quoted $250 minimum. Seems like for a $55 option on the window sticker, something is really out of wack here. Pretty hard to justify the cost for the benefit. That's I've been looking for units in local salvage yards for a year with no luck.

Also, the 2500 tanks will not fit without problems, if they fit at all.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
There was a link posted to a site that makes 55 gallon tanks for our Rams. Its some kind of RV type site, so you can drive long distances. I will try and find the link in a minute.

KB

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
KB112 said:
There was a link posted to a site that makes 55 gallon tanks for our Rams. Its some kind of RV type site, so you can drive long distances. I will try and find the link in a minute.

KB
Still waiting....its been more than a mintue. :D

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah I said a minute....not a mintue. LOL Anyways I checked the link afterall and it looks like its a bed located tank. The one that goes under the bed mounts where the spare tire was. But it says its for the 2nd Gen Rams.

Link: http://www.transferflow.com/html/dodge_tank.html

KB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.