DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this has probably been asked about a hundred times but I couldn't find any answers when I searched.

I want to lower my truck but I still need to have a good ride and the ability to tow my boat (20' Bumble Bee bass boat). I was thinking of a 2/4 drop because I'm also going to be putting 20's on my truck. I was also thinking of replacing the rear shocks with Air Shocks (ya know, the ones you can add air to from one of those $.50 air machines). That way, when I have to tow/haul something, I can just air em up and let the air out when I'm done. Will this work?

I know...I know...sounds pretty ghetto riffic. But it's my belief that if ya can't duct it **** it so, it will fit in perfectly with me. Also, with the 2/4 drop, will my truck still ride smooth or will it be rough? Thanks yall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2/4 drop and I tow my 18 ft Bayliner with no problems and no air shocks. I just recently added 20's to my truck also and it raised my truck up higher so I'm sure towing won't be a problem at all. Good luck.

RedRam360

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RedRam. Now, whats the best yet affordable 2/4 drop out there. I don't know much about this but a friend of mine said that all I need is spindles and somethin that compresses my front springs to get the same effect as cuttin them for the front and shackles for the rear. Is that true? Thanks yall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, let me rephrase that. If I were to buy belltech 2" drop coils for the front and 4" rear shackle and hanger kit, would that be all I need? Also, I'm usin stylinconcepts.com to buy all this stuff from, anyone know somewhere besides eBay for better prices? Thanks yall! PS, my truck is a 97 1500 Ext. Cab with the 318.

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Check with Slammed1 Suspensions. He will know exactly what you need and is a great resource for anything suspension related.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i used the western chasis 2/5 kit along with bell tech 2" spindles in the front for a total of 4" of drop in the front.In the rear i only have about a 1"-1.5" of clearance between the frame and axle tube,so i'm going to get those helper air bags when i tow my small whalers.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
just use coils and the hanger/shackles in the rear. If your interested i haev 2" drop coils for sale, there only 2 months old and powercoated red.

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
there not belltech there spring tech. They were really nice while i drove on them. the belltech coils arent much different but they cost alot more. Im looking to get like 75 plus shipping, you cant beat that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.