DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently been getting front end noise when going over speed bumps, (loud squeak) not sure if its the ball joints of some other part of the front suspension. Any ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Jack up the front end and lubricate your rubber bushings. I had the same problem and shot in lithium grease from a spray can. Your ball joints would making a popping or clunk sound on bumps, not squeaking. Shocks could be worn out and metal to metal inside could be making your squeak too.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'll second what he said, but just to add, the rubber bushings he's talking about are the sway bar bushings. Some good lithium grease or fluid film and should take care of it for a while.

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
i also had a similar problem after i bought my durango 2 months ago i had the dealership replace the power steering rack (underwarranty!!!) and it did the same exact thing everytime i went up a curb or speed bump or anything it would squeak and it turns out that the power steering rack was defective and the dealership replaced it again(still under warranty!!!) and i took it home and it did the same thing so after that i went back up to the dealership and told them wats wat and they replaced it again (still underwaranty!!!) turns out my first one was defective, but anyways that was my prob with the front end squeaking. if you think this is ur prob and u need some more info just pm me i will be happy to help!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.