DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 magnum rt with rear wheel drive and I have a rocking noise in the front end when going over bumps. I put it on the lift and everything seems tight. anyone got any help what to look for?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check your swaybar first to make sure it's in the bushings. My MSRT8 was in an accident and it knocked the swaybar out of the bushings. I had a horrible knock but once I removed and reinstalled the bar properly it never came back. No issues with alignment either.

Also check all of your ball joints and bushings. Last I'd check your motor mounts. I had that issue and only realized it when I pulled the motor to start my part out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2005 magnum rt with rear wheel drive and I have a rocking noise in the front end when going over bumps. I put it on the lift and everything seems tight. anyone got any help what to look for?
spray wd-40 on bushins and sway bar and control arm bushins, I had this problem 2 years ago. not a problem since then.

·
Registered
150 Posts
eagle-co94 has good advise.

Bushings can dry out and shrink with age - but not likely.

I just did the sway bar bushing on my truck.
Rear were fine.

Front were good also. But I had the bushings so I put them in. I can tell the difference - no left to right movement when cornering. It is like shocks - they deteriorate over time so you don't notice it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.