DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got some new additions to the shaggin wagon - lol

Got some minor long scratches along the entire truck side (will buff out)
One deep scratch / dent driver lower rear bed side (more on that)
Lost a balancing weight on the rear driveshaft, but didn't notice any vibes on the way home.

Can't believe all the shock-n-ahh + props people gave for driving the truck how it was meant to be. Pics to follow

Going to be getting rock rails fabbed and installed, plus will probably cut the lower section of rear bed fender and fab wrap around rear bumper.

BDS lift moved up on the list too - lol.

Now time to find my hidden money tree......

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah hit a few trails, and dang these things are huge in the trees - lol. Nerf bars are toasted now too. Diff covers did wonders, and gotta love the 35" KM2s..... Had water up to the headlights for a few split seconds - wasn't a fan of that though - lol.

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
time for a snorkel

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no jeep for me anymore. Actually got rid of that one a few years back, then had a yj on 1tons and 40s, which the wife convinced me to sell and get a rzr. So now the wagon is the wheelingish rig.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Where are the pics for this thread? :popcorn:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
These are the only few good pics I have - my spotter has more with video as well.

·
Registered
874 Posts
If that 2nd pic is the ledge I'm thinking, that pic does no justice! I watched a tall K5 roll over backwards at that spot a few years ago. (granted the guy was a poor driver) everything looks a little slick and wet in your pics, I've only seen it in summer. Glad to see you taking the power wagon out even if its getting all banged up.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
naw that one in your video is on the opposite side of the quarry. I've done that one before in my XJ - but with boggers it always wanted to slide of sideways.

Met a gen IV powerwagon owner there as well, but his was pulling duty as tow rig for his CJ. I did find out you have very limited visibility in the front of our trucks when wheeling, thank god for my spotter. In fact I think he got more upset then I did with the damage and almost taking out a few trees.

Forgot did crack the housing on my passenger mirror too, but wife can't even see it so it's not that bad. She has yet to go out and see the new damage :D. Already talked to the local offroad shop here for getting some drawings and estimates made up for the sliders, and rear bumper. Still need to convince the wife about cutting the lower rear fenders up. Course after this trip now I'm itchin to get the lift, but will have to wait till after first of the year when they announce bonuses.

·
Registered
874 Posts
yeah, I always say its like reading braille. you see the the rocks then you wait to feel them. And coming over a crest you have no idea whats on the other side. Makes you want to think about cutting out some floor and installing acrylic.
Can't wait to see the changes made.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the shop owner got the stomach flue last weekend when I was suppose to meet up for quotes. Possibly going today if he gets home early enough in the afternoon, or may have to wait till after christmas. Crossing my fingers for a good bonus so I can add a BDS lift as well sooner then later.

·
..::MOOSE::..
1,580 Posts
yeah, I always say its like reading braille. you see the the rocks then you wait to feel them. And coming over a crest you have no idea whats on the other side. Makes you want to think about cutting out some floor and installing acrylic.
Can't wait to see the changes made.
I have to second that, although I'll be adding video cameras to the undercaraige instead of the glass floor.

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
naw that one in your video is on the opposite side of the quarry. I've done that one before in my XJ - but with boggers it always wanted to slide of sideways.

Met a gen IV powerwagon owner there as well, but his was pulling duty as tow rig for his CJ. I did find out you have very limited visibility in the front of our trucks when wheeling, thank god for my spotter. In fact I think he got more upset then I did with the damage and almost taking out a few trees.

Forgot did crack the housing on my passenger mirror too, but wife can't even see it so it's not that bad. She has yet to go out and see the new damage :D. Already talked to the local offroad shop here for getting some drawings and estimates made up for the sliders, and rear bumper. Still need to convince the wife about cutting the lower rear fenders up. Course after this trip now I'm itchin to get the lift, but will have to wait till after first of the year when they announce bonuses.
You'll never convince her. Just do it, she'll get over it. Just ask me. :D It's one of the most useful mods I've done........there are a lot more places that 'call' your name once you start doing that. Nice pics and glad to see you're wheeling her. :secret2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts