DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to David at Archer Dodge (Freelantz) for making buying the car smooth and easy. It all started when my wife and I decided that it was time for a new car. She saw the commercial for the Caliber and she was hooked. We looked for weeks for one here in the Ozarks and found nothing. Still haven't. My brother (77Warlock) told me of this web site and mentioned David. After a quick call I had the Caliber we wanted and at a great price. After the phone call I thought, "My wife has no idea about this." Hmmm lets make it a surprise. I started making up lies about why the loan officer called. Why I was getting a Fedex package from Houston. I signed the papers with my two boys in tow (ages 8 and 6). I thought for sure they wouldn't even care why we were there. Half way out to the car after signing the loan papers my oldest asked,"So Dad, when is Mom's new car going to be here?" I about ruined my lucky boxers! After talking and a few threats of grounding from the PS2 they zipped their lip. Ok everything was in order except how to get the car from Houston, Texas to here in Missouri. I was able to lie about everything up to this point, but couldn't lie good enough to be gone for 17 -18 hours. So, I hired a friend/coworker to fly down and driving it back. Wow. Now I had to get help me by going and picking up the new car and driving my Intrepid back. I asked my sister in law to help, no questions asked. Finally I had to tell her why we were leaving at midnight and going into town. We got back to the house around 1 a.m. and I had to sneak her old car out, put the Intrepid and the Caliber in without waking the wife.....mission accomplished!! As I went into the bedroom the wife woke up and asked me how it went, I had told her a friend had broken down and need a ride home. A lie almost forgotten. Its now 2 a.m. and I can't sleep..I pulled it off!!! I asked the wife to wake me as soon as she gets up so I don't sleep too much. (another lie) She woke me up and immediately I took our boys down to the garage. We got in the car and started honking the horn like a 2 year old on a sugar rush gone bad!!! She came down and opened the door and said, "What the hell do you wan...." after that the tears came. She could only ask, "Where did you.. How did you.. " Then it was "I love it, thank you." Felt good. I only hope to open the door myself and see a new Challenger where the Intrepid sits!!

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome to DT. Congrats on your mission accomplished and you must be a lucky to man to have a wife that deserves that kind of effort.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Well just have her give me a call about the time the Challengers come out........

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Mododgeman said:
Thanks to David at Archer Dodge (Freelantz) for making buying the car smooth and easy. It all started when my wife and I decided that it was time for a new car. She saw the commercial for the Caliber and she was hooked. We looked for weeks for one here in the Ozarks and found nothing. Still haven't. My brother (77Warlock) told me of this web site and mentioned David. After a quick call I had the Caliber we wanted and at a great price. After the phone call I thought, "My wife has no idea about this." Hmmm lets make it a surprise. I started making up lies about why the loan officer called. Why I was getting a Fedex package from Houston. I signed the papers with my two boys in tow (ages 8 and 6). I thought for sure they wouldn't even care why we were there. Half way out to the car after signing the loan papers my oldest asked,"So Dad, when is Mom's new car going to be here?" I about ruined my lucky boxers! After talking and a few threats of grounding from the PS2 they zipped their lip. Ok everything was in order except how to get the car from Houston, Texas to here in Missouri. I was able to lie about everything up to this point, but couldn't lie good enough to be gone for 17 -18 hours. So, I hired a friend/coworker to fly down and driving it back. Wow. Now I had to get help me by going and picking up the new car and driving my Intrepid back. I asked my sister in law to help, no questions asked. Finally I had to tell her why we were leaving at midnight and going into town. We got back to the house around 1 a.m. and I had to sneak her old car out, put the Intrepid and the Caliber in without waking the wife.....mission accomplished!! As I went into the bedroom the wife woke up and asked me how it went, I had told her a friend had broken down and need a ride home. A lie almost forgotten. Its now 2 a.m. and I can't sleep..I pulled it off!!! I asked the wife to wake me as soon as she gets up so I don't sleep too much. (another lie) She woke me up and immediately I took our boys down to the garage. We got in the car and started honking the horn like a 2 year old on a sugar rush gone bad!!! She came down and opened the door and said, "What the hell do you wan...." after that the tears came. She could only ask, "Where did you.. How did you.. " Then it was "I love it, thank you." Felt good. I only hope to open the door myself and see a new Challenger where the Intrepid sits!!
I'm just glad I was able to help you pull off such a "covert operation"! :D Glad to hear she's enjoying that Caliber.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've had it almost a month now, I've driven it twice!! I get to see it once in awhile..... in the garage. She says I can whatever I want for my next car she doesn't care. She is so happy, I figure I can get away with murder for at least 2 or 3 months!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.