DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on my 05 hemi that when I am accelerating I feel a surge especially through 1, 2 and 3rd gears. If I keep it at a steady speed it runs great but around town I can watch the rpm gauge and it kind of jumps a few hundred rpms at a time instead of gradually building rpms. It doesnt do it at highway speeds either and It doesnt do it all the time. The only problem with the truck is the rotors need turning but I dont think thats it because it only does it accelerating. The truck has 62k miles on it.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
check your EGR valve. That will cause the truck to surge if you unplug the connector from the EGR and it stops surging then your EGR is bad.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was having this exact same problem last week and I unplugged the EGR like mentioned above... problem gone!

... which oddly enough led me to trading it in and buying a new one lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try that. Where is the egr located on the motor? I have never noticed it but have never looked for it either. lol

Is it ok to run the truck for a while with it unplugged? I have to drive to work in the morning and can unplug it but its 35 miles.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
it is right in front of the motor inbetween the a/c and the alt. When I had my 05 I had it unplug for about a week while I was waiting for one to come in from the dealer so you should be alright.

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
I dont remeber it was in 06/07 when I had my 05. Selcher just did this and I think he said no that it didnt throw a code but maybe he will chime in. Selcher has a thread about his EGR on here somewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats it. I unplugged it and no more surging. Unfortunately the cel came on and of course no one has one in stock that isnt 30 miles away.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It seems to be a common thing with these trucks... and the dealer quoted me $111 for a new one (Canada btw) so I've had it unplugged for the last week... It runs fine despite the check engine light being on... I saw new ones on EBay for $53...

·
Bigg Rigg
2,063 Posts
I'm glad you found the problem. Hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Autozone has them for 43 bucks. Advance auto parts is showing $39

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Advanced is the best place. Its $39.99 plus you can easily find $5-10 off online with a promo code. I found one for $10 off but no one has one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.