DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a superchips 3815 for a great price on flebay. I was wondering what kind of gains I should be able to feel with the highest performance tune from it. I have true duals, cold air intake, power wire, and 180* thermostat.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
you should be pleasantly surprised..

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
congrats. How much you get it for?

Is 21 hp that noticeable? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking sincerely.

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
22 HP is more noticeable then 11 Hp and I am not being sarcastic.

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
hahaha, just in one of those moods!

˙uʍop ǝpısdn sı uǝǝɹɔs ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. it'll be here friday. i get to have some fun over the weekend.

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JPW, with your superchips, did you notice a big gain because we have almost the same mods?

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
˙sʎnƃ noʎ ǝʞıן ʎɐƃ ǝq uɐɔ ı ʍou ǝןƃooƃ ɹoɟ ssǝupooƃ ʞuɐɥʇ puɐ

ǝɟıן ɐ ʇǝƃ˙˙˙˙ʎɐƃ ǝɹɐ sʎnƃ noʎ

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
haha

·
Lurker
130 Posts
So what kind of RWHP gains does an 06-08 Hemi get on the 91setting? Thanks.

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Put 93 octane in the truck last night in anticipation of the tuner coming in tomorrow. Thought it was going to be here today but it got delayed. Come tomorrow night, I will finally have a tuned truck again.

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Cool man! You will really enjoy the difference!

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just looked at the radar and it looks like I'm going to be getting a lot of rain this weekend so Friday night will be my only night to have a lot of fun with launches.

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,355 Posts
Fast Freddie is right. I think you'll like it. The part throttle improvement is great. I absolutely do not want to go back to stock! I did a quick write-up here: http://***************/forum/3rd-ge...ps-questions-and-updates-109.html#post1780857
{QUOTE** I had my doubts when I plugged it into my truck since I have an 07 flex-fuel, but it worked just fine. I gotta say my hat is off to Superchips, the part throttle acceleration difference is fantastic! I did notice it raised shift points a couple mph, nothing dramatic though. The truck also seems to run lower rpm now at speed, maybe 50-100 less in 5OD lock (found out this was due to my Transgo install).
I can now also answer my own question about octane. Even here over 4,500 feet, I still need to run 87 octane for the 87 octane tune. I was getting some uphill acceleration knock with 85. {QUOTE**
I have a 3815 also.

·
Work In Progress
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool. It's going to be hard to sleep tonight knowing that it's going to be here tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.