DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took my truck in for service today.... just a trans fluid flush and fill, and I had them adjust the pinion factor and tire hight to match.... I removed the Superchips program and set out to the dealership...

All I can say is I can not wait to reinstall the SC... It has ZERO balls and it feels like a slug without the program. First gear feels OK... but after that super soft shift form 1st to 2nd its like driving a dump truck. So the Superchips makes a HUGE difference inperformance.

I just had to share that with those who where on the fence.... You need a program to get ANY performance out of your truck.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
oooo...tranny flush?...I heard that a lot of people (including me) have had trannys go bad after it was flushed. (not right away...but within a year) Not sure which forum I read it on... I just have the fluids, filters and gaskets replaced...

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...hey Nick, when I go in for my next oil change, I'm gona ask about my stalling. should I remove the powerwire so that they can't include that as one of the variables?

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Hey nick, I've been meaning to ask you what setting you run with your Superchips. I'm sure it is the 91+ octane performance setting. But was wondering what rpm settings your running +250, superchips, or +500. I've been running the superchips, but think i'm going to +500. I run the superchips speed limiter too

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes REMOVE any mods that they can point blame too....

As for trannies going bad after a flush.... I have NEVER heard that. If it went bad after a flush then either the guy who flushed it ... really did not flush it and just changed the fluid... or did not flush it long enough and left some lose crud in the trans.

I know if you buy a used car and just change the fluid your asking for trnasmission problems... you need to have it flushed GOOD. By just changing the fluid you make things worse... because the fluid is a detergent and it will break up crud and move it around .... a good flush will prevent that.

I have heard they go bad after going over 60,000 miles on the original fluid... sure they worked fine up till the owner just changes the fluid with out flushing it... this WILL KILL a transmission. The fresh fluid cleans and breaks up the crud and runs it through....3-4 months later the transmission is shot.

I have had my transmission flushed and filled every 20,000 miles since I bought it new..... Im on 68,000 now. So after 3 complete flush and fills I have NO issues what so ever.... and I pound this truck into the ground on a daily basis.

Again the flush is your freind... its the lack of maintenance that ruins a transmission... Im not sure what happend in your case but i have NEVER had a transmission fail on my due to being dirty. I have exploded a few of them but thats because I pushed them to there limit but they ran great up to that point.

FLUSH IT and FUSH IT GOOD!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KIP311 said:
Hey nick, I've been meaning to ask you what setting you run with your Superchips. I'm sure it is the 91+ octane performance setting. But was wondering what rpm settings your running +250, superchips, or +500. I've been running the superchips, but think i'm going to +500. I run the superchips speed limiter too
My SC programer only asks me if I would like to raise it... I press "YES" and it responds "SPEED LIMITER RAISED"... I have no options.... LOL. Im not sure how much it has been raised but I know I can go to "L1"... I have the #22 Superchips made for our tucks... so Im sure there has been a few changes.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
913 Posts
thats funny on my 03 qc 4.7 with 5 spd auto the superchips give me stock speed 120mph or 140mph no rev limit adjustments though

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know.... but I think "L1" is real close to 140MPH.... SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
All Around Great Guy
12,674 Posts
How long before we can get a "custom tune" for our trucks?

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
hemi1569 said:
How long before we can get a "custom tune" for our trucks?

Yea, what he said!

And Damnit!!! WTF is UP with SC and the 04 HEMI... Im getting tired of waiting! SOMEONE PLEASE tell me ther eis light at the end of the tunnel

·
Registered
54 Posts
After I have read and comperhended most of these posts, am I to beleive MY gibson
cat back is costing me low end tork.And the CAI does nothing but make noise!!!!
So now WE are all waiting for the NEW S/C programer for the 04 hemi, is this correct?
coopcolt

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
dskirtech said:
Yea, what he said!

And Damnit!!! WTF is UP with SC and the 04 HEMI... Im getting tired of waiting! SOMEONE PLEASE tell me ther eis light at the end of the tunnel
I thought I saw where David from PremierTruck said they were real close to releasing it. Up in the group buy forums they've started lining up already, lol.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Glenn Coper said:
After I have read and comperhended most of these posts, am I to beleive MY gibson
cat back is costing me low end tork.And the CAI does nothing but make noise!!!!
So now WE are all waiting for the NEW S/C programer for the 04 hemi, is this correct?
coopcolt
Naw, I wouldn't say that at all. If your catback is the right setup for your engine, you won't lose. And opening up both ends of your engine is really the starting point for making more power and efficiency. Every mod done to an engine needs to be done so it works well with the other mods. The CAI adds because it pulls in the cooler (not engine compartment-heated) air, and is less restrictive. The freer flowing exhaust adds because because the engine works less to pump the exhaust out.

BUT, you can go too far with either, and one won't work as well, by itself, as it could when in conjunction with the other.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
dskirtech said:
Yea, what he said!

There is no light at the end of the tunnel.-Your friends @ Super Cheeps
P.S. We'd like to help but we just can't figure that 04 Hemi computer out. Heck, we are even thinking of hiring an engineer!! :IDEA:

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
if you guys are waiting for an 4, when is my 05 coming???

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Note, it is predidcted a huge meteor will strike the earth in 2026, so sometime before then........................hopefully

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
fmdog44 said:
Note, it is predidcted a huge meteor will strike the earth in 2026, so sometime before then........................hopefully
Ahh shit...

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
i know where i will be, in my truck. these rams can do anything... now i feel bad for all the owners of the little toyotas and such because i will be safe in 2026

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
(no offense if you own one)

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
fmdog44 said:
There is no light at the end of the tunnel.-Your friends @ Super Cheeps
P.S. We'd like to help but we just can't figure that 04 Hemi computer out. Heck, we are even thinking of hiring an engineer!! :IDEA:

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

Im beginning to feel this way... I mean damn.. Ots been 2 years almost... Where are our DAMN TUNERS!?!?!?!?!

(heheh)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.