DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear your experience with superchips trans tuning. I have a 2004 Hemi 2500 4x4 and the trans shifting is starting to annoy me. Im trying to decide if should go that route or go ahead and do gears. I occasionally tow 5-6k as well. Would it be worth the money?

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
It's my number one favorate mod ever! I've been running it since beta testing to this day without a single glitch. Really it's worth much much more than they charge. Imagine have full control over your transmissions upshift and downshift shift points 1-4 up and 5-2 down at part throttle and of course WOT upshifts then have total control of your torque management at multiple RPM's for each shift point as well with a push of a button. It works flawless and woke my truck up far more than all my other mods put together. I think most don't truely understand the importance of tuning the trans along with tuning the engine and gears etc.. If you've never experienced trans tuning you are missing the whole enchilada. Superchips is the only company that has this tuning correct, with all others that claim they have trans tuning you are rolling the dice.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I have to say gears, if your talking about swapping to a 4.56 ratio:D THE best mod IMO. Turned my 2500HD into a sports car, lol.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Gears are great but they are nothing until you can adjust your transmission shift points to coincide with the rpm loss due to the way stock trans programming is. Don't get me wrong, gears are great but trans tuning with gears is badass and completes the mod.

·
Rammit06
789 Posts
Completely wakes the truck up, you can really now have a ton of fun with it with full access to shift points tq management and the famous 91 octane tune. Stock shifts SUCK! If you like firm shifts try a sonnax line pressure booster too :D

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I loved the change. I drive pretty slow, so I have my truck to shift eairly for better FE. But the schedule is also agressive enough that when I want to have fun it will rev to 6000 and love doing it!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I loved the change. I drive pretty slow, so I have my truck to shift eairly for better FE. But the schedule is also agressive enough that when I want to have fun it will rev to 6000 and love doing it!
See, my truck shifts early just with the Line Booster, and 4.56 gears. I do have a SC but no trans tuning. My truck will be in OD (5th gear) VERY fast at low throttle. Also, I raised the RPMs by 250 and it tachs out at about 6k when shifting as well at WOT.

·
ricer
308 Posts
Where can I find the shift schedules and how do you know what a specific shift schedule will shift like? Do you just install a specific shift schedule and try it and then adjust from there. I just upgraded my tuner on SC's website but I don't have a clue as to what is the proper TM setting, WOT setting, what shift schedule to use, I guess to put it all in a nut shell I don't know much at all about the custom tuning part of it. I am running the 91 performance tune right now and I love it but I would like to custom tune the other stuff that you all are talking about that makes a big difference too. When I upgraded my tuner it said that I have the tranny tune so I wouldn't have to buy it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got the 3865 about a month ago for my 05' ,qc,4x4, hemi ,3.55. I've been running the 91oct canned tune since which I love so for. It replaced my hypertech III which I purchased back in 05' before I found this site.

I haven't been able to purchase the trans tuneing yet due to my lack of computer knowledge I have a friend that is good with computers who is going to help walk me thru it today.

My question is after I purchase the update where would I find the recommended shift schedule . It's a daily driver which I accasionally tow light loads maybe 3000# max.

Thanks for the help and sorry to Hijack

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Where can I find the shift schedules and how do you know what a specific shift schedule will shift like?
Check out this thread: Superchips Transmission Tuning Information (especially first post for information and tips) :)

Answering the OP. In regards to the tuning, it' worth every penny of the upgrade fee and much more. It's the best advanced trans tuning out there. I've tested this since it was in alpha and not one issue. I lead 25 testers for over a year on the beta tuning and no issues. Great, solid advanced trans tuning and it completely transforms how the truck drives. :worthy:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the info everybody. I think I will be doing it soon. Which one would I need to get? I was looking at the Flashpaq and the cortex. I dont have any experience with these things.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
I appreciate the info everybody. I think I will be doing it soon. Which one would I need to get? I was looking at the Flashpaq and the cortex. I dont have any experience with these things.
The Flashpaq is fine. The Cortex has a 2 year power train (if purchased brand new from SC authorized dealer), but if you want to save money go with the Flashpaq. Same tuning for both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.