DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Superchips 3715 off eBay believing it to work with my 4.7 2000 Durango. Upon recieving the unit, it is for the 5.9, 5.2 and 3.9 only. Thinking something may be overlooked, I tried to do the install anyway, but as soon as it went to load my program, it said to check vehicle application and reinstalled my stock program. Needless to say i am a bit pissed, as the seller claimed it worked on the 4.7 as well as the 5.9/5.2/3.9 motors. So what to do, can't go back and thump anyone, Penn. is a long ways away, and I probably wouldn't do it anyway, his auction states no returns, so i guess I could resell it? Anywho, just a bit pissed right now, cruzerjd

·
Registered
41 Posts
it depends on the serial number of programmer but part #3715 is correct
your options are to send to superchips and they can reflash it for a fee
or resell it
if you look at superchips website at the programmer for the 4.7l it will say this vehicle requires a certain serial number or higher
i would call superchips and see what they say

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep didn't notice the serial # issue. Looks like the p.o. knew this since he had it written down on the instruction booklet. For others reference, it must be #1044871 or later.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I hope you used paypal. If so, open a complaint with them, they'll freeze his paypal account until a resolution is met. Complain on ebay as well, leave a poor feedback. I hate false advertising.

·
Registered
73 Posts
just for OUR info....(thinking of buying one myself) who did you buy it from so we can keep our distance? :)

·
287 cu inches of pain
1,137 Posts
It has to be the 3715 Rev. L for it to work.

Andrew

·
Registered
409 Posts
I hope this isnt the one I sold....I suck at ebaying.

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
RAC961 said:
I hope this isnt the one I sold....I suck at ebaying.
Better than sucking @ the interweb. ;) :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The seller was from Pennsylvania I believe, gixeron1wheel. I was impressed by the quickness in which i got the package, but was understandably dissapointed in the fact that it didn't work for my vehicle. A lesson learned, reselling the tuner was easy enough though. cruzerjd

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh, ok, I've been looking at several ebay stores...at least its not selling them in masses! thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.