Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this quote from the Flashpaq site.

"When the custom tuning comes out next year you will have the ability to make and have made custom tunes for Ford,Chevy and Dodge gas and diesels."

[email protected]

So, does this mean the 3815 Hemi Programmer, will have custom tuning, or will we have to buy a whole nother programmer? I'm just wondering if I should hold off in buying one, or go for it...

Jason

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
I believe the 3815 would be included. It is, afterall, a Flashpaq.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
hey ron can you give us any updates on the tuning like how the guys are doing with it. Cause there is a "rumor" that unichip has figured it out and have tuned prochargers superchargers. As far as i know this is a rumor just wanted to know if you could fill us in at all.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Superchipstuner said:
Custom tunes are something that can be added to the flashpaq and a new option.
Ron
Yea but how much money are these new tunes going to run..... i know they wont be free

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Superchipstuner said:
Not sure yet..
$25, 50, + (just speculating)
Depending on the mod.
Ron
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but when can we expect the custom tunes, and also, what new features (if any) are you guys tossing around for the 3815? I guess what I am really trying to ask is, If I invest in the 3815 now, will I have wasted my money, say a year from now, because you guys come out with a bigger better tuner? Or is the 3815 here to stay for awhile? I really want one, but I don't want it to be pushed to the side when Superchips comes out with something new...

Jason

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
Exactly what parameters are you guys now controlling. I've heard that you still can't do shift points, e-fan temp turn on and the like. I was there during Power Tour, great lunch by the way, and the guy I spoke to told me that your controll over DC products is somewhat limited. Due to DC not releasing ALL of the code to the aftermarket. I just had to go custom flash, because I outgrew the 3715, It would've been nice to have the controls I needed in my hand.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Superchipstuner said:
There is nothing new on the horizon.
The F/P tuner 3815 is the base for future programs to be installed for your models.
Ron
In other words, I can buy the 3815, and enjoy superchips supporting the 3815 for a while?

Jason

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Superchipstuner said:
Not sure yet..
$25, 50, + (just speculating)
Depending on the mod.
Ron
So these custom tunes we will just d/l. And the tune will be based off of our mods and the price will then fluctuate depending on the aggresiveness of the tune for our mods. Is that basically how its going to work?

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HemiRamOn22s said:
So these custom tunes we will just d/l. And the tune will be based off of our mods and the price will then fluctuate depending on the aggresiveness of the tune for our mods. Is that basically how its going to work?
So you have to pay to download for Superchips?

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Sport98 said:
So you have to pay to download for Superchips?
No just the custom tunes. The updates are free. Like the one that has the DAQ that allowes you to do everything a g-tech can do. And the shiftpoint update. Those are all free

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wouldnt a custom tune require the vehicle to be on a dyno? Or will the new options allow the user to more custom tailor what the flashpaq installs?

Any plans for us '03 Hemi owners?

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
What I want to know is: will WE be able to adjust fuel curves, timing maps, rear 02 delete, KR sensitivity, ect or will it just be a download from someone else..
oh and I don't suppose that there will EVER be any support for 03s? I would gladly purchase a Flashpaq and replace my 3714 if I could....

TJ

·
Registered
336 Posts
Superchipstuner- Will this new custom tuning also be available for the 3715 Superchips. I hope so. If not, I hope Superchips will seriously consider this option for the Superchips 3715 since there are many owners of this model too. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have heard quite a few little birdies saying that eventually the '03 3714 tuners will be incorporated into the mix.

·
MrDestinE
664 Posts
I was told that there would be NO upgrade path for the 3714 or 3715....

TJ

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks MrDestinE for the information. It is too bad that they're not considering the custom tuning option for the 3714 and 3715. Looks like a custom flash from the Fastman will be in order when more advanced mods are installed in the future.

·
Plotting 2 get in tha 12s
198 Posts
I am kinda hoping us '03 guys will get a flashpack version out like the 04-06 guys so we can have this custom tunning also

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.