DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious about the cortex. Im waiting on mine to show up in the mail, supposed to be here today, if not then next week sometime. I traded my extang tonno for it. Basically got the tonno for free from a warranty deal. Only money outta my pocket was shipping of the tonno, about $60 bucks. I believe this is a hell of a deal but wonder if the cortex is comperable to the sct. Is it better or worse? Let me know what you all think of this tuner.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Great tuner, I cant compare since I never had SCT. The Cortex is loaded with options and functions and should do everything you are looking for including the soon to be released PT trans and TM adjustments. You can data log almost anything you can think of. When it's all said and done it will be the tuner to beat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ran my 91 performance tune from a Cortex that I got only a week ago. First tuner I ever used and it made a pretty good improvement in the seat of my pants test.
It took me awhile to figure out the updateing and programming as everytime I tried to update the programmer before hooking it up to my ram for the first time I kept getting "Bootloging Errors". Turns out my laptop wouldn't supply it enough power through the USB port to program it. I had to use my desktop computer.
I do like the product and I am waiting for the tranny and TM settings to arive.

Rich

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When are those updates to be released? I just got back from a drag run down the road, I really like the shifting at WOT Seems like it keeps pulling now. Hopefully after I get my vararam bought and installed I can head to the track to see what improvements have been made, my best run was a 9.38 in the 1/8 at 75mph, hoping the tune and some minor tweaking can get me below 9.0

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.