DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a superchip and absolutely love it!! what have yall found to be the best shift points for the 1-2 and 2-3?

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I have my now set on the proformance setting and I just half everything on my and it do great for me.On the rev. limiter I went with about 5950 and with the speed limiter I went 140 top out on that.WOT about half which is 5600 and 2-3 about 5700, but try it out for yourself and just play around with it and see on what do you like.On the 87 octane setting about the same.I heard that unless you are thinking about racing then setting the rev. limiter at the highest or a little lower.I hope that help you out. :dtrocks:

·
Registered
930 Posts
There is probably no perfect setting for the shift points. Your best bet would be to try diiferent settings and see which one works best for you. When I first got my SC, I had it set on the 87 tune, running 89, 1-2/5600, 2-3/5580, limiter at 5900 with a top speed of 140. I recently changed to the 91 tune running 92, 1-2/5550, 2-3/5600, rev limit at 5800 and top speed at 130. I will probably change it around again, because I feel I was getting a better response with the shifts points I had on the 87 tune. Just keep experimenting until you find the one that suites your driving habits... :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
^ +1 man, its all in how you drive and what you are running. Most people like to max it all out, I tried that first, then backed down the setting slowly until it got to a point where I didn't like the way it was acting and bumped them back up to the previous level I had them.

Running 91 Perf map I use
Rev Limiter - 6000
Speed Limiter - 140
1 - 2 - 5600
2 - 3 - 5800
Tire size - N/A

I think that's where I am right now......I changed it so many times I can't really remember. Just play and leave the settings for a good 100+ miles before you change again to get a good feeling and let the ECM adjust and such.

·
Daytona #8457
773 Posts
how are yall changing your individual shift points?? is there an update I need to get or can yall let me know how to change them...

~DodgeGuy~

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
After you go to the performance whether it be 91 octane or towing or 87 octane setting go to option and in there it will walk you through it.Hope that help you it not let us know and we will try again.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
I have mine set at:

Rev 6300
1-2 6050
2-3 5950

91 Performance Tune

·
Daytona #8457
773 Posts
hmm... I guess I jsut need to go try it. I haven't done anything to it since I moved here a few months ago.. Time to go fiddle with it.

~DodgeGuy~

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
PACKNHEAT said:
Does the superchip deal with the power interuption between shifts 1 and 2?

06 Hemi MDS

Yes it helps...the power reduction your talking about is the crappy torque management engaging. The superchips tuner helps firm up the shift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.