DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove a superchip tune from ecm without the tuner.The reason I ask is because my tuner went faulty and locked vehicle in tow performance setting and would not let me change it back,so I returned the tuner to superchips who then proceeded to wipe/reset the tuners memory erasing my stock tune that was in there.So I now have a working tuner but a truck that is still locked in tow performance setting.Whenever I try to tune vehicle I get error code E-43 as the tuner is trying to save stock tune from the vehicle which is not there.Any suggestions ?I live in the UK so taking the truck to a local dealer is out.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I would just have your dealorship re-flash your PCm back to stock. Then install the superchips like normal,

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
6 Posts
dang your screwed....lol.....how did it get screwed up in the first place???

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yeah thats a good question, how did you get it in the first place? I would think that your tuner company could tell you how to fix this. They must have dealt with somebody else who has had this issue.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Your gonna have to try and call some wrecking yards and get a computer from a Ram the same year as yours. Then you can swap that computer in and maybe flip flop them? I dunno anything else to do.

KB

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
ram-side said:
I live in the UK NO dealerships yet
Remove your stock PCM and send it back to SUPERCHIPS.... let them fix your PCM!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
772 Posts
ram-side

Where abouts you located ? Did you ever get this problem sorted out ? I have the same problem you got !!! going to see if the local Dodge dealer ... ha ha ha can reflash my Rams computer. I think I am stuck in a state of tune other than stock but dont know WTF it it !!!

Martin

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not yet been to local dodge dealer awaiting them getting flash from dodge usa will not hold my breathe though

·
Registered
240 Posts
YOu cant just install another ecu in your truck. If its like the srt4 then you need the vin flashed in it for it to work correctly.

HOw do you install a super chip? Do you have to open up your ecu? I know you cant do that on the srt4 cause its gelled inside and everything is soldered, no plug n play chips in there.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Dont know if the VIN needs to be programed in or not, it does not in my Jeep 5.9 so maybe on the newer engine "HEMI" it does. The superchip is a programe introduced via the OBD2 socket

Martin

·
Registered
772 Posts
ram-side

How FU**ING hard can it be ? there again its part of DC so that answeres itself :-(

Martin

·
Registered
240 Posts
exdecuk said:
Dont know if the VIN needs to be programed in or not, it does not in my Jeep 5.9 so maybe on the newer engine "HEMI" it does. The superchip is a programe introduced via the OBD2 socket

Martin

Ah I see. I wish the srt4 had a setup like that! That ecu is bullet proof for the most part. hard to get into it. Way to advanced for a freakin neon.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hey, there is not much advanced about anything DC does ........... with a few exceptions

Martin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.