DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Black Ram
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I see a 3815 used are around $150 and the 3865 $250 so for a $100 bucks what do I gain? I have a 2006 heim. Only aftermarket changes are bigger tires 35's. And a single in dual out exhaust. Any info would help. My main gains I want are better mpg's and more HP. Really don't tow anymore so that's not a big concern

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
The 3865 has more memory and will accomodate trans tuning and torque management options, well worth it IMO, where the 3815 will not.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
The 3865 has more memory and will accomodate trans tuning and torque management options, well worth it IMO, where the 3815 will not.
X2. In all honesty if you're going to get a Superchips, you minus well do it right and get the 3865 for it's transmission tuning ability.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Yea might as well get the 3865. Trans tuning and its also smaller and easier to use.

·
ricer
308 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you desire to fine tune the transmission, then the 3865 is the only way to go. Aside from that option, they are essentially the same unit. For me, I didn't want to do any detailed tinkering with my tranny, so I went with a 3815. If you do decide to go with a 3865, just bear in mind that it is a small additional fee to access the trans tuning option. On the other hand... The 3815 does allow you to adjust your wide open throttle shift points, which was all I really wanted out of mine for right now. If fine tuning the tranny is something you desire to do, then the 3865 is the ONLY way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.