DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supercharger kit for sale, complete, nothing else needed.

I am getting ready to sell my 98 Dakota to start 2 new projects, so I am starting to part it out! I am buying a 1969 Dart (408 stroker) and 1995 Dakota 4cyl (turbo project).

FIRST ITEM UP FOR BID BOB!

Complete Kenne Bell Supercharger with all the MAP sensor problems worked out. Fits 97+ Dodge trucks with 5.2L and 5.9L engines (Rams, Dakotas, Durangos, possibly Grand Cherokees too)

This supercharger is famous for INSTANT boost which give full power as soon as you mash the pedal. It can boost horsepower on a 5.2L by 100! On a 5.9L, its good for over 120 horsepower! This was the supercharger that was chosen by Carroll Shelby for the SP360 Durangos for its reliability. These kits could get a average drop in 1/4 mile times of 1.5 to 2 seconds. This is the same blower that is used on upgraded Lightning’s.

How does the KB work? It bolts onto the factory intake manifold, the supercharger sits on the passenger side and the throttle body sits on the driver’s side, bolted to a cross-ram manifold that connects the two. The system is designed to fit under the factory hood. Around town, the supercharger is quiet, but step on the gas, and people know that you have something extra under hood.

Some people may have heard that the KB superchargers are finicky and don't run well when driving around town. This is true, of most superchargers that retain the factory computer. What kind of problems? Well, the biggest problem is that the factory MAP sensor cannot handle boost, when you are driving around town, or at Wide-Open-Throttle, everything works perfectly, but under part throttle when the computer is adjusting fuel according to the sensor inputs, and the boost starts to rise, POP! The engine dies! What happened was the map sensor voltage output reached its max, the factory computer instantly cut the fuel and ignition because it did not know what going on. This is a flaw in most Supercharger systems that use a piggyback computer or FMU. There is simple fix, a device called a voltage clamp. This stops the MAP sensor from sending any more than 5 volts to the computer, problem fixed. Why don't the supercharger manufacturers use this? Simple, money, it cost about 10 times as much as using a vacuum/boost bypass valve.

My kit includes an upgraded bypass valve and the voltage clamp, so all the drivability problems are solved. Now what you get is very well mannered around town ride that still shreds the tires at will! I also upgraded a few more things that make it even better, I junked the factory fuel interface that made you splice into the factory lines under the truck and replaced it with a simple 18" piece of high-pressure braided stainless fuel line that attaches to the factory service port on the fuel rail. This ensures that the integrity of the factory fuel system is unaltered for maximum safety. This was even adopted by Kenne Bell for the last series of their supercharger kits. And finally, I am including a high-pressure Alcohol/water injection kit that allows you to run cooler, run more boost, and run more timing. As an added benefit, Alk/water injection keeps the cylinders clean from carbon deposits. This system is made by Carroll Supercharging and is a form of intercooling, called Gaseous Intercooling. This kit is one of the best kits on the market.

I am asking $2500 for everything listed below, which is a great deal when you consider that this is a complete ready to run kit, you will not need to buy anything to get it working.

Includes: EVERYTHING!

Kenne Bell 2.2L Supercharger Kit with Optimizer computer, 2 extra fuel injectors, and cold air intake system.
Carroll Supercharging high pressure Alcohol/Water injection kit with optional 6 gallon in-bed tank.
2 gauge pillar pod with Autometer Comp Boost gauge.
MSD/Kenne Bell knock sensor with in-truck display.
Fuel upgrade for the extra injectors with Stainless braided hose that eliminates the need to cut factory fuel lines, also much easier to install.
Voltage clamp for factory MAP sensor.
Upgraded set of instructions with PICTURES! (the factory install manual is pretty bad!)
6lb and 9lb pulleys for 5.2L 318's.
6lb pulley for 5.9L 360 ci engines.
Includes Schrader valve tool, allen wrench, and pulley removal tools.
I am even including the all vacuum hoses you need!

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO HOOK IT UP IS INCLUDED, EXCEPT FOR BASIC HAND TOOLS!

If you are interested, email me at [email protected] In order to be fair, I am going on a first come, first serve basis, I am using the timestamp on my email to keep track of who is first, sending a PM through the board cannot guarantee your place in line. Basically e-mail time is 1st dibs!

Thanks,
MARK K.

I am new to this forum, but sawcut64 and skaarew know me.

·
El Cabron!
555 Posts
Hi Mark. Where are you located at. Also, will the kit install in a Ram easily with no problems? Thanks.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Bump for an awesome deal!!!!

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
I bid $349 BOB!!! Lol

·
El Cabron!
555 Posts
Damn, I won't be able to get the money soon enough :mad: . I know somebody else in here will beat me to it. And I willing to drive up there to pick it up myself, too.:banghead:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originaljando said:
Damn, I won't be able to get the money soon enough :mad: . I know somebody else in here will beat me to it. And I willing to drive up there to pick it up myself, too.:banghead:
I have 3 gallons of pemixed Alk/water for anyone picking it up in person.

·
El Cabron!
555 Posts
:bawl: That only makes me feel worse!

·
Registered
34 Posts
do you still have the kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.