DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to drop 40 g's on a challenger... but having a hard time to decided on this...and r/t with supercharger or srt 392 stock?
Im young so insurance, and gas milage play a factor

What would you guys do?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Rt with the supercharger, if its less than a stock srt8 , i believe the difference between the two was under 70 horsepower so the supercharger should put you up there, hopefully its tuned and all is ready to go with it. I am 21 and put my insurance under my dads name, just make sure you are under it, once i turn 25 i will get my own policy, but then again i don't have a sports car.

·
1st. Gen RAM Enthusiast
572 Posts
Supercharged R/T, it will give better peformance than a 392,but if you put a superchager on a 392...:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same dilemma. Ended up with a supercharged R/T. No regrets, supercharger is a winner at car shows and its fun to drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate my SC. It's an Edelbrock which when mentioned to ~any~ shop, gets a grunt or two from the staff. Although I've had it professionally tuned, there's only so much that can be done with the Edelbrock. Apparently has to do with the design of the bypass valve. I have so much $$ wrapped up in it to date, which is the only thing keeping me from removing it although, I'm seriously considering it. BTW, it's general drivability that I can't stand. Pedal to the metal it's awesome and sometimes beats a 6.4 although typically neck and neck. I'd get an insurance quote for both, then decide. I recently test drove a Scat and prefer it easy over my SC'd 5.7.

·
Red Trucker
2,285 Posts
Three posts in 8yrs, and your third post is to revive an 8yr old post lol? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts