DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0-60 in 4.4 seconds goes the TRD 09 singlecab, supercharged Tundra SR5 package. Faster than the mustang GT 5.1, Dodge Challenger SRT8 (4.6), Jaguar XFSC (4.90), Audi S 5 coup (4.5), BMW 135i (4.6)and as fast as the 06 porsche Carrera S. 0-100 equal to the Porsche Cayman and old S/C Yenko Camaro. Cost:$45,000 +/- a few bucks. HP: 504/ TRQ: 550 @ 4,000 rpm, Fuel: premium, Qtr. Mi.:13.0 @106.3 mph

·
1baddak
433 Posts
I saw a supercharged tundra on the power tour. It looked good 2wd, black with supercharged on the fender and a big TRD racing in the rear window. Sounds like he is fast up to 60 mph(4.4) but then he only went 13 [email protected] in the 1/4. yea 13 is fast but for 500 hp is it that fast?? I guess if you run one, run the full 1/4 he is probably quick thru the 1/8 also .

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree 13.0 is not as fast as it should be for a supercharged truck. I think the new Challenger is also a 13.0 and that too does'nt open my checkbook.
I saw Cadillac has a four door sedan that hits 190 mph and does a 3.9 0-60. I sounds as if it were designed for drug smugglers!!!

·
1baddak
433 Posts
Its wierd that cadillac got into the performance game. I agree it sounds like a smugglers ideal car. The tundra i saw looked good I think it was from up north someplace.I didnt hear it run we were all in a row passing and we passed him.mines rides pretty loud so i couldnt hear his.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While I can't see buying one I can't take much away from the Toy trucks. I heard one with performance exhaust and it sounded very nice. So while I can't find much fault in them I can't see myself answering someone when they ask "what do you drive"?

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
I reported on this awhile back, Motor Trends 0-60 and Ets were found to be incorrect.

·
Once and future owner
3,059 Posts
At least Toyota offers a supercharger for their Tundra. I wish Dodge will put out more performance oriented stuff like that. 4.4 sec does sound a bit iffy in that truck making around 500hp. I'd have to see some video footage or something.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
well its not factory equiped, it is a dealer installed option along with the other performance goodies it requires.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Toy charges about $5,400 for the SC installed. As soon as Chrysler Corp. gets another $100,000,000,000,000 bail out from the govt. they will put a ceiling fan in the intake and charge $ 100,000 installed. Can't beat it!!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I think Toy charges about $5,400 for the SC installed. As soon as Chrysler Corp. gets another $100,000,000,000,000 bail out from the govt. they will put a ceiling fan in the intake and charge $ 100,000 installed. Can't beat it!!
or one of those tornado's haha

·
Registered
759 Posts
6.1 IN A TRUCK WOULD DO THE JOB.

I cant see spending that kind of money on a Jap crap truck when I could get a SRT8 for next to the same price and have a better vehicle and it will be AMERICAN! And Im MOPAR ALL THE WAY!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
6.1 IN A TRUCK WOULD DO THE JOB.

I cant see spending that kind of money on a Jap crap truck when I could get a SRT8 for next to the same price and have a better vehicle and it will be AMERICAN! And Im MOPAR ALL THE WAY!
Mopar is "Made in Mexico" and Jap crap is made in America. Sorry, but times have changed. Irregardless, I still cringe at the name "Toyota".

·
1baddak
433 Posts
I go along with Hemiquad5 The toy may be made here but the money goes to the japs. And you can get a srt ram for about the same price. GO MOPAR

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where are you all getting 09 SRT Ram from? I don't think they even make them anymore.

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
Rams are Made in USA

Mopar is "Made in Mexico" and Jap crap is made in America. Sorry, but times have changed. Irregardless, I still cringe at the name "Toyota".
Helps to know what your talking about they build RAMS in Warren Mich , St. louis MO. & Mexico my 05 quad cab 4x4 Hemi Ram is 85 % American made :gr_patrio

·
rowdymopar
481 Posts
I'm sure with alot less than $5600.00 you can put the Hemi 5.7 liter up to the power level of blowing the Tundra off the Road . Remeber MOPAR sets the pace it's easy to wait in the background till the the bar has been set & then beat it slightly. & just how many Super Charged Toy's are out there ( very few I'm sure ) the 5.7 Hemi is called by some the new V8 mouse motor ( as common as a household mouse ) Like the Chevy small block V8 was called for years & years , The Ram humped a F150 & shat out a Tundra

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Helps to know what your talking about they build RAMS in Warren Mich , St. louis MO. & Mexico my 05 quad cab 4x4 Hemi Ram is 85 % American made :gr_patrio
OK Einstien, where is your Hemi motor made? Mexico.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.