DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am generally hanging out in the 72-87 forum, as most of my trucks are that body style. However I just got a '93 D150 shortbed, so I figured I'd come over here and post up some pics, probably pop in a bit more often.

It's a '93 D150, 5.2 Magnum, NVG 4500 5-spd, and a 9.25" rear w/ 3.55 gears. Needs some engine work, probably either intake plenum gaskets or a valve job. Either way no big deal, bottom end is good even w/ 235k+ on it, good oil pressure, doesn't overheat. Still has enough power to spin the tires even w/ a dead miss :D

Attachments

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
That looks great. Ive been looking for a D250 for a little while now to be my daily driver then a high horsepwer cummins drag/daily driver. I love the looks of them first gens.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Nice score SpeedD! How do you like the 5 speed? Maybe you can do me a favor and take a pic of the floor tunnel from inside the truck and underneath, I want to compare the size difference, if there's any between your floor and my 1990 W-150 4x4 4 speed,(NP435), tranny tunnels. I would love to have a strong overdrive manual tranny and the 4500 is a tough manual box! Thanks

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm liking it pretty good so far, ratios are pretty decent. They may actually be a little better than the NP-535 I have in the '72.

I'll get some pics for you.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got the miss cured, injectors 6 and 7 had rust or crud or something clogging the tops up. Cleaned them all up and it runs great now, pulls hard :) I was going to pull the whole rail off, but the damn "quick disconnect" wasn't disconnecting very quickly. In fact, it wouldn't disconnect at all, so I just cleaned all the injectors for now. Hopefully I can get it cleaned up next day or so, and get some more pics.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
The disconnects are the circular spring loaded type,no.? If so they take a small plastic tool that is placed on the round quick disconnect then twist it until it seats. When it's seated twist again& Pull apart! The round plastic tool is spring loaded and seperates in the middle allowing you to close it around a fuel line tube with those Chrysler/Ford quick disconnects. They are available for about 2-3 bucks at NAPA or a box of assorted sizes at harbor freight or Northern Tools. If it's not this type of fuel line connector disregard. BTW, How did you clean your injectors?

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's the type, and I twisted and pulled and pried and everything else I could think of to make it come loose. I think it's got grit in the fitting that's keeping it from disconnecting. And I just sprayed the tops of the injectors out w/ carb spray, not a real cleaning like you'd get if you sent them off.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Then you might have the wrong quick disconnect tool. They make a special size just for FoMoCo and another for the Mopar fitting, from my memory the Mopar fitting has a different sized radius. They are dirt cheap, next time you are at the jobbers pick a MoPar specific plastic tool,,when it seats inside the radius you will know it as it becomes 'lodged' in the groove and it becomes 'tight' then twist and undo. You must get the pintle off the seat to clean the orfice tip in an injector. No other way my friend. For this you need to clean the injector as it pulses from ON/OFF as it's running in an engine. Wish you were closer I would do it for you for free in 15 minutes or as long as it takes to run a 15 ounce can of OTC Injector cleaning and intake valve cleaner thru it!!

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait, there is a separate tool you say? I thought you were just supposed to push in on the plastic ring that is on the disconnect. That's how I got the return line loose. The fwd cars have a similar clip (after 90). I didn't know there was a tool for the trucks.

I wish you were closer too :) I put nearly a whole can of Seafoam in the tank when it had only a few gallons in it, though.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,443 Posts
Thanks a bunch Speed Dragon!! I saved this post and those pics,,it loooks fairly wide but deep enough? I really cant say. But that helps for sure. On that quick disconnect fitting. I think you have the fitting that slides into a clear or gray plastic clip and isnt the FoMoCo style fitting. Yours,,you can actually see the clip right? This style simply depresses and the fitting simply unhooks. Sometimes though you have to push&slide the clip to get the fitting off. What you dont want to do obviously is to bend the tabs on the clip, this then breaks off and you'll need to get a new clip, no biggie unless you need to run to the parts store to get another one. Without those 'tabs' the clip will lose it's tension and fail to make a seal. They get brittle with heat and age too. But no,, there isnt a tool available to my knowledge on this style of fitting. I just use my fingers or a weak pair of small needle nose pliers and gently depress the inner clip pushing and sliding it off...

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, it's being a PITA :) My thumbs hurt after fooling w/ it so much the other day lol.

I think the hump is the same as yours, the 435 and the 4500 are pretty similar in size, 4500 is longer I think but the height and width is about the same.

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that an Isuzu radio I see?
It sure is lol, I dunno wtf made someone want a Izuzu cass player.

Took some more pics today, didn't have anything to really clean the front wheels properly.

Attachments

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Holy crap guys, lol look at the pics of my trans underneath the truck. Is that my trans mount bolts about to fall out?!?! I think I'll crawl underneath it tomorrow and check them, I was thinking the mount was just bad but happened to look at my pics again and like WTF MY BOLTS ARE FALLING OUT :thatfunny:

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup, they were too. Got under it today and tightened them up. Seems to be a lot better. 'Bout time to take it to the drag strip now :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.