Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all and TIA...

My sunroof has been intermittent for years on my 2000, around 2002 I noticed that pressing the open button would open a 2" slot in the window and it would stop.

More detail below, but I suspect there is a positioning sensor has failed. Can any one help. I have just ingnored it for years, but it would be nice to get it to work again.

Motor moves the window, just not properly. White grease was evident and more was applied.

Several Intermittent modes are experienced. This is the most common experience now:

Pressing the vent button will open the window all they way, it hits the back end hard.
Pressing the close button will close, but leaves a 1/4" Opening in the back
Pressing the close button again nothing will happen.
Pressing the open button raises the back of the window 1/2"
Pressing the vent button at this time there is no movement
Pressing the close button leaves the 1/4" opeing in the back
Pressing the vent button will open either all the way or only 2"

Window ends up being stuck open about 1/4", after time and pushing buttons, a full closure is possible and a seal can be made...

Thanks All,
shill

·
Registered
97 Posts
Never seen problems like that. No place to start but the begining!

Bad connections and faulty switches cause many problems. Check the wires and replace the switch with a junk yard one to see if thats the problem. If not...

No way around it, the head liner has to come down. Visit the junk yard to "practice" if your not sure how it come apart before you take a tool to yours. Inspect the motor, tracks, sensors, wires, ect. the problem should show itself... somewhere!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.