1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
179 Posts
Although I havn't had any experience with Sunny brand tires, I have ran both "Trazano" as well as "Nexen" tires which are also just cheap chinese tires. I was very happy with both of them as far as quality, tread life, and handling goes. I got over 60,000 miles out of the Trazano's on my wife's 2005 Mercedes c230 sport Kompressor and was very pleased with their dry and wet traction.

So moral of the story is don't let the cheap off-brand chinese tires discourage you because lots of people including myself have had very good experiences with them.

·
Registered
912 Posts
im running wanli performance a/t and i love them...another china tire and i see a link to wanli on the site so im guessing the are roughly the same.....if your looking for a good looking tire id say go with wanli....and they are cheep....click the wanli link and check them out s2085....great performance and great traction

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a deal locally, four new SN3870 275/55/20's installed mounted and balanced out the door including tax for $459.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Really Sunny tires as in the tires with a smiley sun on them. wow IMHO I would not trust these, seen too many blow outs with these tires at work. There are plenty of better options out there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a set of sunny tires on my vw, they were good, lasted awhile. It wasn't till i dismounted the tires that I noticed anything wrong with them. When they came off and there was no air pressure, I noticed a lot of splits in the sidewalls of the tire. The tire technician explained it as the quality of the rubber not being as good as rubber on more name brand tires. I think I would run sunny's again, I never lost air pressure or anything, just wanted to chime in with my experience with them.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really Sunny tires as in the tires with a smiley sun on them. wow IMHO I would not trust these, seen too many blow outs with these tires at work. There are plenty of better options out there.
Wow really? You work at a tire store?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a set of sunny tires on my vw, they were good, lasted awhile. It wasn't till i dismounted the tires that I noticed anything wrong with them. When they came off and there was no air pressure, I noticed a lot of splits in the sidewalls of the tire. The tire technician explained it as the quality of the rubber not being as good as rubber on more name brand tires. I think I would run sunny's again, I never lost air pressure or anything, just wanted to chime in with my experience with them.
Well damn that doesn't sound too safe? Were the tires old and dry rotted maybe? Old tires will get little cracks in them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well damn that doesn't sound too safe? Were the tires old and dry rotted maybe? Old tires will get little cracks in them.
They were 2 years old, I only ran them in the summer, and they sat in the shed in the winter, so they could've dry cracked, I'm not positive though. Like I said I never had any problems with them loosing air or anything, so I thought it was dry cracks too. The guy that dismounted them said it was the rubber quality and that's probably why they cracked. You could only see the splits if you grabbed the sidewall and squeezed it, thats when they showed up....

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were 2 years old, I only ran them in the summer, and they sat in the shed in the winter, so they could've dry cracked, I'm not positive though. Like I said I never had any problems with them loosing air or anything, so I thought it was dry cracks too. The guy that dismounted them said it was the rubber quality and that's probably why they cracked. You could only see the splits if you grabbed the sidewall and squeezed it, thats when they showed up....
Well crap that doesn't sound the slightest bit safe....

·
The White Collar Redneck
1,807 Posts
My Mom has Sunnys on her '04 Turbo Beetle. She originally had Michelin MXM4s, and then AA Toyo Proxes, and now the Sunnys. The Sunnys balanced well, and wear much better than the Toyos did.

My experience with them has been good.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
:) :) :)

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
You know what happens when you ASSUME????

Sorry buddy No I dont, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ford, Kia, Hyndai, Mitsubishi dealership.

Also just waiting to get hired for my other job which will be my career. SUCK IT

You asked for opinions and comments I gave you one. If you dont like it shove it and move on.
I really think you read his post wrong. You guys should shake hands and move on from this.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
My apoloigies, understood. sawcut64 I would not recommend these tires. If you need to get something that wont break the bank check out federal tires and also kelly.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I have Maxxis tires on my Charger, they are another off brand, but they aren't that bad. Rammer, that was a little harsh, I don't think that was a sarcastic shot at you. Thats the problem with texting and messaging, no emotion to get the tone of the comments.

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
I have Maxxis tires on my Charger, they are another off brand, but they aren't that bad. Rammer, that was a little harsh, I don't think that was a sarcastic shot at you. Thats the problem with texting and messaging, no emotion to get the tone of the comments.
Yep it was, I have been bullied around 3 times so far in the last 2 weeks on DT and thought this was another cop out attitude someone was displaying.

I can say that if it happens again Im done using dodgetalk. As sad as that sounds but it will happen sooner or later.

I have removed my comment and moved on. :)

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
I am also running Maxxis on my ram and they are 100000x better then the goodyear oem

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
i had some wanli's on a little ricer i drove back in the day
terrible tires!
wouldn't balance, wore uneven, lasted as long as a sneeze

i'm thoroughly enjoying my treadwrights

i've had good luck with kelly tires also

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.