DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a proud owner of a Chrysler Stratus here in Finland, Scandinavia I thought I ought to introduce myself to other Cloud Car owners. I recently fulfilled my decade-long dream of getting a Stratus of my very own. My year 2000 model - or Millennium as I like to call it - is the last Stratus model officially imported here. After 2000, Stratuses have not been imported here, at least not officially, even though there are plenty of Chrysler Sebrings, PT Cruisers, 300C's, Voyagers...
Dodge as a brand does not exist here at the moment, although I have read rumours about Chrysler possibly starting to sell some of their cars as Dodges here too.
Anyway, European Stratus differs from its American sisters mainly with its nose, the bold Chrysler logo there at the front. I have grown to like it even more than the "original". I will be posting pictures of my snow-white pride and joy, as soon as I learn how to do it...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks pals! :)
My first American car - and I ask myself, why I waited so long!
Well, here American cars are often seen as somewhat luxury products. New car prices are astronomical because of the heavy taxation. Also the parts and maintenance costs seem like out of this world.
Colleague at work sighed at the sight of my Stratus and wondered outloud how anyone can afford to drive an American car these days. Yeah, gasoline costs 1.22e ($1.50) at the service station there by the road now...
Have to say, takes a bit of adjusting, getting used to increased fuel consumption after a 1.4-litre Opel Astra, or the old 2-litre Opel Vectra! Oh, but how I love the Stratus. Autostick transmission works like a dream (kinda fits the cloud car image!). Funny how so many, well, most Finns, I dare say, still prefer the manual gears!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Welcome To Dodgetalk! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you - nice to feel so welcomed. :)
Oh, wish I was in the States - owning a Stratus would be so much cheaper.
I asked the price for a new headlamp as the old ones seem to have cracked a bit from the top, humidity seeps inside the glass (or plastic). Guess what is the price for an official spare part, one Stratus headlight unit. 470 euros, or $575.67.
I would be SO tempted to buy new ones from Ebay. But these damn asymmetrical light regulations for headlights here prohibit using American headlights.
I still refuse to feel sorry for getting a real Car...

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
+++++++++++++++++
+Welcome To Dodgetalk!+
+++++++++++++++++

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
T H A N K Y O U - " K I I T O S " ! ! :D

Oh, wish we had a little more room for variety when it comes to those licence plates...
Only dull compulsory black & white plates front and aft, two or three letters with one to three numbers. The combinations are quite limited! And most of the good ones already taken, obviously. I was lucky when most Stratuses of the year 2000 were registered with starting letters BYE... At least that adds to the fun when overtaking those Russian Ladas. ;)

"Sun Ra"... Egyptian, ancient Egypt is kinda a hobby of mine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.