DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought itd be a sweet idea, and i havent seen anyone with them. Once again my internet attention span has found no vehicle specific kits. Anyone got any tips or suggestions on this matter?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Dude! I just found this in the back of the owners manual.
"WARNING!!!! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RICE OUT THE DURANGO IT WILL EXPLODE UPON INSTALLATION OF SAID PRODUCTS!!!! WARNING!!!!"
Crazy. LOL!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Suicide doors? People still doing that to their cars? LOL..

You might have better luck looking for a Lambo door kit. Might not be vehicle specific but most custom shops can make something work.
I am actually kinda interested in seeing what a kit like that would look like on the D so keep us updated if you do decide to go forward with this project..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lambo's on 4 doors looks retarder imo. At least just on the front doors. Suicide's are ricey? Thats news to me, pretty sure lincoln started it out. Nah, im thinkin that itd be a sweet custom look that I have yet to see anywhere on a D.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
berger146 said:
lambo's on 4 doors looks retarder imo. At least just on the front doors. Suicide's are ricey? Thats news to me, pretty sure lincoln started it out. Nah, im thinkin that itd be a sweet custom look that I have yet to see anywhere on a D.
Reading comprehension owns me. HAHAHAHA!!!!! I was to focused on my future endeavors with the wife that I though it said scissor doors (aka lambo). I retract my last statement. The suicid doors would look good if you are going to be showing your Durango but I would hope you are doing more than that otherwise it would just look goofy on a SUV.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
he is thinking doors!! i was thinking chop top... sure someone will do it some day. about 2 inches. picture sca's D lowered and with a chop top! :crazy:

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
leosinc said:
he is thinking doors!! i was thinking chop top... sure someone will do it some day. about 2 inches. picture sca's D lowered and with a chop top! :crazy:
That will be a real :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
that's right forget you are tall!! :D

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Sunroof?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
sunroof with chop top for sca most definitely.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sunroof is next on my agenda, sui. doors will not be the end of the mods, just think its the trickest thing I can think of thats in my budget

·
Registered
329 Posts
berger146 said:
Thought itd be a sweet idea, and i havent seen anyone with them. Once again my internet attention span has found no vehicle specific kits. Anyone got any tips or suggestions on this matter?
I would be afraid of the doors blowing open while going down the road given all the wind noise the vehicle has - that wind has to be entering somewhere and that would likely be the latch of your suicide door once installed. Wind noise on every Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicle I have ever owned has been miserable!

·
Black Durangos Rock
800 Posts
berger146 said:
sunroof is next on my agenda
Why not go really crazy and do a convertible????

·
Andy
323 Posts
ifish24 said:
Why not go really crazy and do a convertible????
Even better would be like the "Dude Rango" as a chop top, and a hardtop conv., on bags.:D For some reason I can see that happening :crazy: Im sorry, sleepless nights.---Andy

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
drop top D, maybe in mexico or something. Sunroof is one thing I wanted but didnt get, oh well. Ill post some pix if/when i get it done.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
berger146 said:
drop top D, maybe in mexico or something. Sunroof is one thing I wanted but didnt get, oh well. Ill post some pix if/when i get it done.
Are you saying that only Mexicans screw up a good vehicle? LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
sounds like it!! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not all mexicans. Just most :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.