DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used '06 Durango SLT last week. So far, I love the thing. But, this being my first truck, I still have a lot to learn about it. My first challenge is installing a subwoofer enclosure (2x 12" ported box) in the back. The enclosure is maybe 2" too deep for the third row of seats, so those are folded down. My issue is that the box slides around if I take a turn faster than 15 mph. Any suggestions for securing it...before I get it professionally installed sometime this week?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
is it full width? I have a tool box back there and I have it sitting on one seat folded flat, the other is up and I use the seat belt of the folded seat to hold it.

Umm there's some anchors back there, but the box is probably too heavy for them...

·
Registered
11 Posts
those anchors are stronger than they look, they keep my craftsman tool chest from fallin over when i hammer on the brakes and i used to have same problem i think they might hold but i dont have clue how to secure the box

·
Registered
190 Posts
You could always try some L-brackets and screw them into the trap door in the back

·
Registered
239 Posts
I installed a Kenwood KSC-SW10 powered subwoofer under the left second row seat and it fits perfectly. The sound is awesome and it was an easy install.

Copterdrvr

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
heh I wish.. I have a couple subs and amp sitting around, I need to figure out how I'm gonna put them in the D, if I'm gonna put them in the D... each sub is the size of a 2nd row seat.. Still tempted to remove the 3rd row, but there is the off chance I'll need the seating.. and I need the flat floor space quite a bit.... grrrr

·
Registered
102 Posts
I installed a Kenwood KSC-SW10 powered subwoofer under the left second row seat and it fits perfectly. The sound is awesome and it was an easy install.

Copterdrvr
PIX???

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a couple pics of my installation. The L-brackets are screwed into the floor but not the box. Also, there are no brackets behind the box so that I can slide it back to access the spare tire screw. The box is about 2" too deep to have the 3rd row seating. I don't have a family so it's not really an issue for me.
I put velcro on the side of the L-bracket that contacts the box and I plan to add another pair of brackets to either side for more support.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.