DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after months of procrastination, I broke down and bought a Qlogic box and pioneer amp and sub. I didnt really know where to start as far as hooking up the stock Nav rb4 unit to my amp. I was told to buy a line converter and some RCAs. I did. I dissasembled the dash, and left door panel. I knew from listening to my system, that the door speakers were responsible for the lower frequencies. So, me being the genius that I am... pull the left front door speaker out to see what color wires were attached to it. They are both DARK GREEN with yellow, and light blue tracers. I dont know which ones are + or -. I checked continuity back thru the cab area and found I could tap into them right near the parking brake pedel area. I opted not to use the converter nor the RCAs, just seemed a wasted step. I wired only the left front door speakers to the amp's speaker inputs, both right and left - I wired together. I only have one sub, so it didnt matter, all it needed was an input. I bridged my amp to my sub. I used a 20 amp fuse from the battery and 10GA wire to feed the amp. for the remote wire, I just tapped off the PINK with yellow tracer wire found near the speaker wires I used. Very painless. I know I was worried about how to wire this head unit up, and had heard many stories on how to, but I finally just used what I know to figure it out on my own. If you have any questions on how do to this... let me know - I will tell you in more detail, and can provide pictures of the install!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like to see some pictures and any advise you might have. I am going to install two new 6 x 9 's in the doors and power them with a 250 watt amp. I am also installing a 500 watt amp for two 10" subs in the back.

thanks,
Kristi

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
busportygrl said:
I would like to see some pictures and any advise you might have. I am going to install two new 6 x 9 's in the doors and power them with a 250 watt amp. I am also installing a 500 watt amp for two 10" subs in the back.

thanks,
Kristi
whats up, I will take pics asap. What style truck do you have?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab. I would really like to see or hear how the installation for the 6 x9 's went. I am mainly interested in how the speakers wires were ran from the door to the inside of the truck.

Thanks,
Kristi

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, here are a few pics.... I didnt add 6x9s. just an amp. under the dash is where i found my wires for the front door speakers, i just tapped off the left front door speaker for the amp input since is a low frequnecy anyway, it works really well... ask for any other pics or info, i dont know what yall are looking for till you ask! willing to help tho

Attachments

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wires are green with yel, and blue tracer are the left speaker. + and - tho i cant remember which is which - i just tried them either way and went with the best sound quality i got from the trial. and the pink with yel tracer is 12v ignition wire. I used that for my amp remote wire.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
so whats your review? Im intrested on getting a set up similar and i am asking around.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 10 is just enough to be not too much. i had worries about the wiring, so thats why i did it the way i did... i just went with what i knew and made it work. all in all, im happy with it and it def thumps

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Do you get full usage of your rear seat. Besides the storage?

I have heard some encroach on the seat not being fully flat. I dont want that. Looks like your set up is perfect tho. Thanks for your review. Helps me decide a little more.

·
Banned
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, my seat is flat... i mean, the enlcosure doesnt seem like it wants to fit exactly... but i dont have it fastened in, just the seat holds it in... but i have no complaints and im a picky sob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.