Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Need your input, I am not the that great when it comes to understanding the dynamics of setting up a subwoofer setup.
here is where I am with the decision so far.
05 Ram Daytona,
I want to know what you guys a running, I do not want to give up front console storage fo a hotbox(keep my 45 caliber Kimber security system in it)
so I am willing to give rear seat storage up....both sides. MTX, Joefox.etc...
my system is currently amplified for the head unit see signature.
Thanks for your input
John

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
From what I have seen and heard about it, the JoeFox box looks to be kickass for under the rear seat. I would go with that and whatever subs he recommends for it. :tup:

KB

·
Brad
1,764 Posts
JL subs are awesome man, put some of those in

·
Registered
977 Posts
I won't have any new ebay listings for the quad cab boxes for about 1 week. I'm molding some oilfield parts for BP. I should be finished with there parts in 4-5 days then I will switch molds and make another batch of quad cab enclosures. I have 2 boxes left if you want one. You can contact me by PM.

·
BORN 1/24/2009 6LBS 14ozs
2,836 Posts
When I get a chance I'll pot some pics of mine. I made a custom fiberglass enclosure that you could build yourself that would destroy anything you can buy premade. Nothing wrong with buying premade but it just won't sound as good. I'm running one Kicker Comp CVR 12" with 700 watts of Alpine running through it in a 1.303 cu ft. box and its absolutely brutal!!

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Too bad you can't play it when Kai's riding along. LOL HA Ha

KB

·
2,836 Posts
KB112 said:
Too bad you can't play it when Kai's riding along. LOL HA Ha

KB
HA, I know. His car seat is right over it too ;) Kenny, dude I have to post pics, I just finished it Sunday. Grant211 came by on tuesday to check it out. He nearly crapped himself when I threw in Bass Mekanik. Parked my truck 30ft from the garage and the garage door was vibratinig like a mutha!! :thatfunny

·
2,836 Posts
Took some pics of mine. It sounds absolutely incredible. I made the lid and frame out of 3/4" MDF and molded the fiberglass to the floor under the seat. I counterbored the hole for the sub .300" to sink it in to the lid for seat clearance. I also machined a pocket in the lid for an aluminum plate the I machined the Alpine logo in, press fit and glued in to the pocket and then coated the hole enclosure with a spray in bed liner for durability. I filled teh enclosure with water and did the math and it ended up yielding 1.303 cu. ft. I'm running a Kicker Comp CVR DVC 4ohm sub.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
That's too bad, because there isn't a rear underseat box made, that touches the sound of a Hot Box..
You obviously haven't heard a high quality pair of 10's in an MTX or Hotbox, we have a few members who come to our meets and the two 10 sound quite a bit better and louder than the HotBox.
I am not putting the HotBox down it sounds great and isn't much less than the two 10's(maybe 75%), most of the time the problem is that people dont want to spend the $$$ on 10's that is required to get the Quality and SPL out of the underseat boxes.
The 10's I run cost $189 each retail and most people aren't willing to spend that much on 10's.

By the way Awesome Job Shawn! Box looks killer. :rck:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.